Yar, anyone? PIRATE!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Yar, anyone? PIRATE!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face Yar, anyone? PIRATE!

Well for the past couple of days I have been trying to refine this until I'm satisfied. Thus me still not being done and hating myself even more. Honestly it's been a lot of fun and I love doing it. Tell me what you think and what I should do to...make it look better or something. I know I have to work on the hands, earrings, eyepatch and our right ear. All C&C is greatly appreciated!

Oh and the background I've come up for him goes something like this:

Once a very noble, caring, level headed and all around good captain for the Queens Royal Navy, a freak mast accident left *insert name* a completely different person. After the accident, *name again*, had become a callous and brutal person. Now prone to murder, mayhem and all things pirate, he's now one of the most feared and crazed pirates EVER.

Or something...I dunno, it's fun. ART! + a WIP edgy GIF.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Its good, I like it. Though the hand seems sort of mutated, almost impossibly so. The skin is very detailed and textured, while the jewelry seems to be sort of unfinished. I have no idea how far along this is, but its good so far

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey thanks for the comment. I still haven't quite gotten to the hand, jewelry, clothing or his eye patch. This thing is taking me forever to get done but I don't wanna rush it. Speaking again about the hand, my mother was saying the same things. How it's freakishly deep and you seem to justify her concern. I'll work on that some more today.

Thanks again for the comments

Leftyy is offline Ever since I can remember, I've always wanted to be a Goodfeather!
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I can't say I know why you posted this if you know all of your mistakes, but whatever. Now that you posted that second post, I have nothing else to say. Just post it again when you've corrected all the things you see and then I'll criticise it.

"Yakko...?"
    "Yes, Ms. Flameel?"
    "Multiply 47 times 83."
    "Multiplication, it's math education! Isn't this swell? Oh, let's give multiplication a standing ovation...
    so buy a calculator, study this stuff later!"

-Animaniacs (only a few good quotes from that song. Search "The Multiplication Song - Animaniacs" on YouTube
    for this video and any other Animaniacs classic!)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmmm...I suppose I posted it to see if anyone could see anything I didn't. Here's an update. I wasn't satisfied with the akwardness of the hand so I am trying a new, more straightforward approach :-P.

Oh and I was attempting to work on the jewelry on the hand...not that satisfied with it so I'll keep reworking it.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Leftyy is offline Ever since I can remember, I've always wanted to be a Goodfeather!
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's better.

Though the sharpness of the mouth's corners bothers me quite a bit. As do the long fingernails (I know he was a pirate, but they had knives with which to cut fingernails, so there's no excuse.)

The rings have ceased to look like rings. This kind of ring would be sick (as in, "good"):
    http://www.bocaciegaalumni.com/Bogie...ate%20Ring.jpg

Or something simpler:
    http://www.mwart.com/images/p/Celtic...73669_5190.jpg

This person is wearing a lot of rings, but I'm posting it to show you the proper shading/colour of a simple golden ring.
    http://www.akmining.com/mine/jp030201.jpg

Jewels are a pirate's best friend (man-rings, wootness):
    http://www.jewelryexpert.com/CATALOG...d-Ring-but.GIF

All of those images are courtesy Google Images.

"Yakko...?"
    "Yes, Ms. Flameel?"
    "Multiply 47 times 83."
    "Multiplication, it's math education! Isn't this swell? Oh, let's give multiplication a standing ovation...
    so buy a calculator, study this stuff later!"

-Animaniacs (only a few good quotes from that song. Search "The Multiplication Song - Animaniacs" on YouTube
    for this video and any other Animaniacs classic!)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.