Art: The Big Acrylic Painting Thread
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Threaded View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The Big Acrylic Painting Thread

If I go to any search on the web for 'Acrylic tutorials' or 'Acrylic process', etc, I come up with about 1/4 as much info as I do oils. I do the same with oils and I find so much more content and learning material. I can find step by step process tutorials that actually help me, not like when I search for acrylics. I mean, even in CA, it's the same thing. We've got The Big Oil-Painting Thread but I haven't found an equivalent for acrylics (If there is one, please show me because I need all of the info that I can get).

Well anyways, my main beef is that I can find tuts down to the brush stroke for oils sometimes, but mostly all I get for acrylics is, "First, I painted in the sky. I then painted in the water. Next I painted in the beach."
    Wow, thanks. =/ Along with other additional info like "Acrylics dry quickly. Get nice brushes. Work using layers."
    *vaguevaguevague* All the while.

Anyways, are there any acrylic process vids out there? Just so I know how I should be starting a painting?

Above was my original question for the threads original purpose: 'Acrylic Painting - Why less content?"
    Well I hope that will be rectified, I got a lot of helpful info from the great guys here and someone came up with the idea to make this the Big Acrylic Painting Thread, so here it is.

Last edited by drd; July 28th, 2007 at 09:31 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 35