Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Thanks

Talking Any CA artists, ...

into DDO? D&D Online...
    I would love to find some art based around the game.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    You're looking for Dungeons & Dragons art? Dude, if you google that, I'm sure you will fine NO shortage of results.
    * Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks

Arrow Well, not so much just any art...

I was more hoping to find people here that love art and DDO...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,452 Times in 259 Posts
    *happy dance* You like my game?!

*more happy dancing*

I've been working on the DDO team now for two years and change. Whaddya think of my landscapes? (I've made most of the wilderness areas.) :-)

Google or the Turbine website will be your best source for DDO art.
    I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seedling For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,346 Times in 1,120 Posts
    This is the only place where you can ask someone if they like art and a game, and easily find someone who's worked on art FOR the game.

Seedling's post made me lawl

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhineville View Post
    Seedling's post made me lawl
    Teehee! DDO is a bit of a niche game, so it's a rare day that I run into a fan somewhere other than on our forums.
    I think you are awesome, and I wish you the best in your endeavors, but I am tired of repeating myself, I am very busy with my new baby, and I am no longer a regular participant here, so please do not contact me to ask for advice on your career or education. All of the advice that I have to offer can already be found in the following links. Thank you.

Perspective 101, Concept Art 101, Games Industry info,Oil Paint info, Acrylic Paint info, my sketchbook.

Thanks

Thumbs up Awesome!

I thought there may be a person or two here, that played/enjoyed/etc.. DDO.
    Did you have anything to do with the Cerr. Hills expansion?

Thanks
    DDO is looking mighty find there Michelle, Although I must admit I was a bit dissapointed when I found out it wasn't Dance dance online

bwuahahahaha

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Samoth View Post
    I thought there may be a person or two here, that played/enjoyed/etc.. DDO.
    Did you have anything to do with the Cerr. Hills expansion?
    I only built it. :-) Heehee!

The Cerulean Hills went through a silly process. First it was concepted as several areas, each with some big crazy points of interest that would have to be individually crafted by the artists, and lots of additional art assets. The planning phase lasted too long, and the plans got changed about. So finally when it was my turn and there wasn't enough time fo the artists to make the assets, I got to ignore most of the over-ambitious plans and just fly by the seat of my pants. (That's my favorite way to work.)

Since then Cerulean Hills has been a standard unit of measurement for our landscapes. You might have noticed that Searing Heights and Ataraxia's Haven are about the same size and shape.

There's a new landscape in the works. My role on this one has been more in laying out the basic shape of the place, and getting the technical stuff running (such as monsters in the right places). The art team has been doing the heavy aesthetic work, and wow, they're making some sexy art. :-) (I'm currently on the design team, but I'm more of an artist than a game designer.)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Seedling For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BOOM! View Post
    DDO is looking mighty find there Michelle, Although I must admit I was a bit dissapointed when I found out it wasn't Dance dance online

bwuahahahaha
    Haha! :-)

*casts Otto's Irresistable Dance on Boom!*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xugPIQDWvo

Thanks
    I recently left DDO and returned to City of Heroes. Sorry Seedling. It is a good game with some great graphics though. The actual dungeons are some of the best in any MMO I have ever payed. The outdoor areas are great as well.

Thanks

Day/Night Cycle

The day/night cycle is incredible, I love the atmospherics. Great Job!

Thanks
    No worries Darasen, nobody only plays just one game forever. :-) Samoth, Iíll pass your praise along to the appropriate artist. She is very good at what she does but keeps worrying that her work isnít good enough.

Thanks

Icon One thing I find weird.

There is this spot inside the market gate, just past the fountain, to the right of the rogue trainer. Where the is an obstacle, an invisible one. If you goto the trainer turn right, walk along the stone faces, you will run into an 'object' that you have to navigate around. Have you ever noticed it?
    Last edited by Samoth; July 12th, 2007 at 12:02 PM.

Thanks

Smile Haha, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Seedling View Post
    Haha! :-)

*casts Otto's Irresistable Dance on Boom!*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xugPIQDWvo
    I love seeing the doggie dance!!!

Thanks

Post Any idea, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Seedling View Post
    *happy dance* You like my game?!

*more happy dancing*

I've been working on the DDO team now for two years and change. Whaddya think of my landscapes? (I've made most of the wilderness areas.) :-)

Google or the Turbine website will be your best source for DDO art.
    If they plan to sell any merchandise related to the game? I would love to see some shirts, or maybe some prints, posters, etc...?

Thanks
    There is this spot inside the market gate, just past the fountain, to the right of the rogue trainer. Where the is an obstacle, an invisible one.
    *groan* Go to the spot and submit a bug on it. It'll go into my bug queue with all the rest of the physics bugs. :-)

If they plan to sell any merchandise related to the game? I would love to see some shirts, or maybe some prints, posters, etc...?
    Not to my knowlege, but Iím flattered that you ask. :-)

Thanks

Exclamation So, no plans?

To have any merchandise associated with DDO?
    I would love to see some stuff.

Thanks
    Sorry Samoth, loot isnít my department.

Thanks
    wow! the wilderness areas? that's impressive Seedling!!

Thanks

Well I made it to...

But unfortunately I've been stuck in Searing Heights for a month, looking for one final rare encounter.
    I never did submit that bug, Seedling. But, I really should it's still there the invisible object.
    Hope you are still involved, the game only gets better.
    Where you talking about the Orchard? As the new area you were working on?

Thanks
    Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by noshadowmaster View Post
    To any of you considering a career as a concept artist, take this as a warning! You will be asked to redesign Owl Bears and Gelatinous Cubes or other things equally silly.

Thanks
    Any CA artists, ...

Lol, but yeah, its pretty neat to like a game and suddenly see the people who work on it hanging around here,happened to me, i was a fan of magic card game years ago,i used to stare like crazy at the pictures, and suddenly i see the official art for the new expansion in the FF section, pretty damn cool

Lol that reminds me i gotta go draw lol, im lurking too much

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by noshadowmaster View Post
    I was laughing my ass off! Thanks a ton for that link!

Thanks

Red face Finally after all this time.

There is this spot inside the market gate, just past the fountain, to the right of the rogue trainer. Where the is an obstacle, an invisible one. If you goto the trainer turn right, walk along the stone faces, you will run into an 'object' that you have to navigate around. Have you ever noticed it?
    It is posted. Sent it in on Thelanis as Puddle.

Sorry it took so long!!

Thanks
    Speaking of Turbine, LotRO is the best looking MMO I've ever seen. And it's fun as fuck. Especially playing the lute! wew-hew!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert.B View Post
    haha great page

Thanks
    You worked on DDO Seedling? That's glorious

Whaddya think of my landscapes? (I've made most of the wilderness areas.)
    I might be your biggest fan. If they had hired you for NWN2, perhaps I'd have been able to actually pull off some my druid campaign ideas.

I love how all my favorite artist seem to live here somehow, and I only just learned that this place existed a few months ago. I support any CRPG with the D&D logo on general principle, but that one especially. I think Troika gets a bum rap sometimes, for things that Atari does whenever they force the dev teams to rush games out the door (Temple of Elemental Evil comes to mind in that regard - Sure it was plagued by bugs on release, but its still the best computer translations of PnP combat to date, and could have been bigger if the publisher didn't pull the rug out from under it.) It goes without saying that Bioware and Obsidian are solid gold, and from what I've seen so far the people at Turbine seem to be on top of things too.

Needless to say I'm a fan. Also, if you like the NWN franchise, you might want to stop by this place. A lot of the old timers and Biosidian people stop by there on occasion to kick ideas around. We all have high hopes for Stormreach too.
    I go by Jah-din on most D&D boards, so don't be afraid to give a shout if you see me somewhere else.

PS. Ever run into Kalia from Warcry?
    Last edited by Jasonwclark; March 20th, 2008 at 02:20 AM.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Jasonwclark For This Useful Post:

Obsidian Glynn is offline Not the sharpest crayon in the tool shed are we? oh wait...
    Thanks
    i was a fan of magic card game
    I used to play Magic for the longest time then I discovered D&D. I haven't played the online version much because (medievel me and all) I still like to sit down with some people from around here when I can and play the actual game. DM and all. I have however seen some of the landscaping for DDO and it is incredible. It makes me happy to know you did that Seedling.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast