dallas companies

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

dallas companies

i found a few dallas based game companies, and was interested in sending my work off for an internship. i was told it would probably be best to send the work to an art director. i called a few places last summer, and nothing ever worked out as far as that goes. most places seem like they dont want to do internships. i feel my work is of the level that i can contribute something towards a projects. i want to get some experience before trying to head straight into it. who knows, i might hate it after a few weeks. these are the companies i found off gamasutra.. does anyone know if there are others that arent listed? it seems like an almost impossible task, seeing as there are thousands of people who would love to work in the video game field, and only oh so few positions.

Apogee Software / 3D Realms States
    Ensemble Studios Dallas, TX United States
    id Software Mesquite, TX United States
    Motorsims Irving, TX United States
    Reverie Entertainment Fort Worth, TX United States
    Sickhead Games, LLC Richardson, Tx United States
    Klear Games, LLC Dallas, TX
    Ritual Entertainment.

my domain expired. crap.
    click here to view some pretty drawings.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    :eek: Are you nuts ? Judging from your art, go straight ahead and get a job not an internship. Experience comes when it comes and everyone has to start somewhere. Internships aren't the obligatory. A kickass portfolio will get you anywhere. It always looks intimidating when doing a job search and nothing comes up. You get the feeling that there are hundreds of other contestants out there pitching for the job you want but you *mustn't* get discouraged. Most of it is just a question of being at the right place at the right time. Well at least your portfolio that is. Having contacts in the industry helps a lot too ! So keep an ear out.
    I don't know what your background is but let me rehiterate that you have what it takes to jump directly in the field. It might not be the super high-profile job working on an AAA title right away, but you know how they say "best things happends to the one....".

Cheers and good luck,
    Aline aka egerie

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    bfaubion,

I'm with egerie, go apply for a job directly, put a portfolio together and send it out. Your work is lovely, you should get a job with ease.

Good luck
    Marko

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well,thanks for the compliments guys. i was thinking about internship cause im taking classes now and have another 2 years of school i want to finish, and can only work part-time. if a company would hire me part-time, you bet i would do it. i wasn't counting on that though. i'll send my portfolio out to a few companies just for the heck of it. i'll keep working on my modeling/3d skills in the meantime.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.