Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    655
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    transformers !@#$ing rocked!

    anyone else see it today? great movie. a must see!


  2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    SAHN DEEAHGO
    Posts
    2,919
    Thanks
    5,576
    Thanked 841 Times in 315 Posts
    I haven't seen it, but I wanna.
    There's already a thread on it in the movie section, by the way.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    11
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Great movie. LOVED IT. Although there were some 'one-liner' jokes that they could have left out. The CG was insanely done well.
    Hello, I'm josh.
    Daily shirt blog

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Sorry guys; I thought the movie was the worse thing I have ever seen! Every visual [and audio] aspect of the movie was beyond belief. Great CG. As an anime fan this was a dream come true but the goofy aspects of the film were herrendous! Really dumb and unbearable. I can't ever watch that movie again without searching straight to the CG battle scenes and the amazing Transformations.
    Michael Bay responded to the die hard fans who were worried that he would butcher a life long tradition by saying that if you watch the 1986 animated movie, you'll shoot yourself; I can say the same about this movie.
    And his movie "The Island" which definitely had the sterotypical M Bay product placements as well as dumb dialogue and one liners, was a much better movie and deal with somewhat of a different story than average actions flicts. And naturally, barely did any money in America...
    sucks...

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    682
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    im sorry i have to disgaree with the above post.
    i watched this movie with a smile on my face the whole time
    the one liners are what the transformers are, watch the series
    and the '86 movie and you will see that the "dumb dialogue" had
    always been an integral part of the transformers, but nothing could
    have been worse than the product placements in the island and i have to
    say i recommend this movie to anyoen out there because it's so awesome


    p.s poor jazz he got owned

  7. #6
    Leftyy's Avatar
    Leftyy is offline Ever since I can remember, I've always wanted to be a Goodfeather!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In the watertower
    Posts
    195
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I haven't watched the movie.



    Because I'm not in kindergarten.
    "Yakko...?"
    "Yes, Ms. Flameel?"
    "Multiply 47 times 83."
    "Multiplication, it's math education! Isn't this swell? Oh, let's give multiplication a standing ovation...
    so buy a calculator, study this stuff later!"

    -Animaniacs (only a few good quotes from that song. Search "The Multiplication Song - Animaniacs" on YouTube
    for this video and any other Animaniacs classic!)

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    844
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 135 Times in 62 Posts
    so you don't get misty eyed for yourchildhood then Leftyy
    what is wrong with a bit of nostalgia you know it is possible to watch and appreciate entertainment that is seen as been aimed at children

    Transformers were never part of my childhod, saw the cartoon movie and as kitch 80's entertainment it is highly entertaining, dodgy power rock and Orson Welles last role as well. it had charm the new film looks cool but doesn't appear to have the charm.
    SKETCHBOOK

    "There aren't any shortcuts. You've got to dig in – study and draw the world around you. This is the only way to hone your skill and develop a style that is your own". GREG CAPULLO

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,339
    Thanks
    222
    Thanked 427 Times in 154 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomwaits4noman View Post
    so you don't get misty eyed for yourchildhood then Leftyy
    what is wrong with a bit of nostalgia you know it is possible to watch and appreciate entertainment that is seen as been aimed at children.

    But hey, he likes quoting animaniacs in his sig. Irony...
    Last edited by Costau D; July 8th, 2007 at 01:39 PM.
    ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER
    "Amateurs look for inspiration; the rest of us just get up and go to work. " -Chuck Close


    DRUNKEN WASTREL SKETCH GROUP:
    [ Costau D ][ Cuervo ][ Braintree ][ Fumble ][ Ookchk ][ RoboMonkey ]

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,447
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 49 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barts View Post
    im sorry i have to disgaree with the above post.
    i watched this movie with a smile on my face the whole time
    the one liners are what the transformers are, watch the series
    and the '86 movie and you will see that the "dumb dialogue" had
    always been an integral part of the transformers, but nothing could
    have been worse than the product placements in the island and i have to
    say i recommend this movie to anyoen out there because it's so awesome


    p.s poor jazz he got owned
    Oh? I don't remember any dumb piss jokes, transformers in a backyard or an awkward masturbation dialogue.

  11. #10
    Leftyy's Avatar
    Leftyy is offline Ever since I can remember, I've always wanted to be a Goodfeather!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    In the watertower
    Posts
    195
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I'm 15, so I am, technically a child. Transformers was/is just... poor.

    Animaniacs, rock on.

    None of my friends like Transformers (oh, I'm a nerd, so I imagine the popular ones definitely don't like it.) They never have. I'm pretty sure Transformers isn't even aimed at children. More like chubby 30-year-old guys doomed to a fate of permanant singlehood.

    That was mean, but, as for most movies of its type, it's probably true.

    2bDeadBeat, I have girl parts.
    Last edited by Leftyy; July 8th, 2007 at 07:18 PM.
    "Yakko...?"
    "Yes, Ms. Flameel?"
    "Multiply 47 times 83."
    "Multiplication, it's math education! Isn't this swell? Oh, let's give multiplication a standing ovation...
    so buy a calculator, study this stuff later!"

    -Animaniacs (only a few good quotes from that song. Search "The Multiplication Song - Animaniacs" on YouTube
    for this video and any other Animaniacs classic!)

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,023
    Thanks
    2,164
    Thanked 3,346 Times in 1,120 Posts
    All in all, giant transforming robots are badass, most dialogue was achingly bad, I'm glad Jazz (aka streotype-bot) got crushed, and Megan Fox is screamingly gorgeous.

    Everyone laughed at that stupid piss joke (especially the 8-yr-old retard next to me.... ugh...) and I didn't even crack a smile. Sam calling his dad a handsome man was hilarious, but the theater was quiet for it. I hate people sometimes...

    Those product placements would have been alright if they even TRIED to be anything but paper-thin placements. What happened to those robots after they came alive? Who friggin knows.

    And the robots that acted like something senile ol' george lucas would have thought up (IE slapstick, over-the-top and hyperactive) really annoyed me.

    As soon as they started talking, the piss was really taken out of them. Good thing the action and Megan's can made up for it

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Vangroovy Island, BC
    Posts
    929
    Thanks
    84
    Thanked 189 Times in 112 Posts
    Just thought I'd add my approval for the movie. It was mindless and juvenile and the eye candy was awesome. As a Transformer movie it was perfect
    Grave Sight Graphics: The Art of Eric Lofgren.
    elofgren@ telus.net (to use e-mail address please remove space between the '@' and 'telus')

    My Art Blog
    My Online Portfolio (Updated Jan. 30/ 2011)
    ~NiNjA~^~mOuNtAiN~^~PoDcAsT~(Working illustrators talking illustration)
    Eric Lofgren's licensible rpg art resource
    Art Director for New Gods of Raanon

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kansas city, MO
    Posts
    1,167
    Thanks
    1,422
    Thanked 867 Times in 333 Posts
    Really bad movie with great visuals. If you like cheesy one liners then you'll really like this movie. As a die hard fan i just about walked out on some parts. I'm just glad that im not the only one who didnt like it.

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Ross View Post
    Really bad movie with great visuals. If you like cheesy one liners then you'll really like this movie. As a die hard fan i just about walked out on some parts. I'm just glad that im not the only one who didnt like it.
    I'm glad that I'm finding more and more people who thought it was garbage! The only reason I didn't walk out during the ridiculously cheesy parts ["were you masturbating?"] was because I knew there were kick ass action scenes coming up. And during SOME of those scenes, there was so much going on mechanically and actionwise on the screen, I didn't know what robot to root for.
    Boy! Michael Bay's apparently already talking about the sequel; provided this one does well [enough] financially.
    Last edited by pa5cal; July 13th, 2007 at 05:28 PM. Reason: spelling

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    324
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
    what does being a "die-hard" fan even mean in this case?

    were you looking for shody animation at a level that is laughable by todays standards?

    were you expecting everything to be as incredibly ridiculous as it was in the original series? I mean, come on. A GIANT HAND GUN. A boom-box? a cassette tape???? Dinosaurs?

    seriously, this show was on par with g-i joe and the rest of the cartoons of the time, which is to say---absolute shit..seriously, the production value on every one of those shows was SO crappy because it only needed to appeal to children---who, at an impressionable age of 4-12, will think that things like firetrucks (AWESOME!) jets (AWESOME!) and...a volkswagon beatle (awesome?) are enough to complete their existence as a person.

    If you look at this movie in that regard of the actual show was---like michael bay has said--so bad you'd shoot yourself, i'd say the humor used within this movie, the dialogue, EVERYTHING, is pretty reasonable inside the world of which the Transformers created

    The ONLY reason people think that these things were masterpieces is the fact that they grew up on them. But come on guys, you were kids then...everything anyone remembers is going to be glorified to the extreme because it was the only thing you knew then.

    Progress happens guys. And seriously, if you hate michael bay, or ANY director that makes crappy movies---go to college and get a degree in film making and directing, and get to it! Make those awesome movies you've always dreamt about! Otherwise, you're just gunna have to keep dealing with the crap that everyone else is making.

  17. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,023
    Thanks
    2,164
    Thanked 3,346 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rustikof View Post
    what does being a "die-hard" fan even mean in this case?

    were you looking for shody animation at a level that is laughable by todays standards?

    were you expecting everything to be as incredibly ridiculous as it was in the original series? I mean, come on. A GIANT HAND GUN. A boom-box? a cassette tape???? Dinosaurs?

    seriously, this show was on par with g-i joe and the rest of the cartoons of the time, which is to say---absolute shit..seriously, the production value on every one of those shows was SO crappy because it only needed to appeal to children---who, at an impressionable age of 4-12, will think that things like firetrucks (AWESOME!) jets (AWESOME!) and...a volkswagon beatle (awesome?) are enough to complete their existence as a person.

    If you look at this movie in that regard of the actual show was---like michael bay has said--so bad you'd shoot yourself, i'd say the humor used within this movie, the dialogue, EVERYTHING, is pretty reasonable inside the world of which the Transformers created

    The ONLY reason people think that these things were masterpieces is the fact that they grew up on them. But come on guys, you were kids then...everything anyone remembers is going to be glorified to the extreme because it was the only thing you knew then.

    Progress happens guys. And seriously, if you hate michael bay, or ANY director that makes crappy movies---go to college and get a degree in film making and directing, and get to it! Make those awesome movies you've always dreamt about! Otherwise, you're just gunna have to keep dealing with the crap that everyone else is making.
    Even though I thought the movie was a little too cheesy (even though I loved it) that was a heroic post

  18. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,447
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 49 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rustikof View Post
    what does being a "die-hard" fan even mean in this case?

    were you looking for shody animation at a level that is laughable by todays standards?

    were you expecting everything to be as incredibly ridiculous as it was in the original series? I mean, come on. A GIANT HAND GUN. A boom-box? a cassette tape???? Dinosaurs?

    seriously, this show was on par with g-i joe and the rest of the cartoons of the time, which is to say---absolute shit..seriously, the production value on every one of those shows was SO crappy because it only needed to appeal to children---who, at an impressionable age of 4-12, will think that things like firetrucks (AWESOME!) jets (AWESOME!) and...a volkswagon beatle (awesome?) are enough to complete their existence as a person.

    If you look at this movie in that regard of the actual show was---like michael bay has said--so bad you'd shoot yourself, i'd say the humor used within this movie, the dialogue, EVERYTHING, is pretty reasonable inside the world of which the Transformers created

    The ONLY reason people think that these things were masterpieces is the fact that they grew up on them. But come on guys, you were kids then...everything anyone remembers is going to be glorified to the extreme because it was the only thing you knew then.

    Progress happens guys. And seriously, if you hate michael bay, or ANY director that makes crappy movies---go to college and get a degree in film making and directing, and get to it! Make those awesome movies you've always dreamt about! Otherwise, you're just gunna have to keep dealing with the crap that everyone else is making.
    "It's SUPPOSED to suck!!"
    "Let me see you do better"
    Ah yes, the movie equivalent of "ITS MY STYLE".

  19. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Leerdam, The Netherlands
    Posts
    63
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, havent seen the 'original' Transformers, but I thought this movie was awesome! The things that are called 'cheesy' here, were the reason for a big laugh in the audience and smiles.

    Maybe it also have to do something with the place were you live. Every country has a different feel of what is humour and cool. I just watched it as a entertaining movie that took itself not too serious, and I can always appreciate something like that.

    These discussions always remind me of the movie 'Pleasantville'. Go watch it and maybe you get what I mean...

  20. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    324
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    "It's SUPPOSED to suck!!"
    "Let me see you do better"
    Ah yes, the movie equivalent of "ITS MY STYLE".
    nooooooo...its the equivalent of "go to school and apply yourself so you can become better than the person you think is shit".

  21. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,994
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 243 Times in 66 Posts
    I had a lot of fun at the movie. Big smile from me the whole way through. Only thing I'm pissed about, is Bumblebee should have been a VW Bug! Oh well, still awesome. And, oh yeah, the first time I heard the sound of the transforming, I was sooooo happy that they kept the original sound.

    Leftyy, you're the most bitter 15 year old chick I've ever seen. What, was your mom raped by a transformer or something? Get over it.

    Trés Cuté Sketch Group
    magicgoo bluemech cwn annwn light dished

  22. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    737
    Thanks
    151
    Thanked 82 Times in 53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhineville View Post
    All in all, giant transforming robots are badass, most dialogue was achingly bad, I'm glad Jazz (aka streotype-bot) got crushed, and Megan Fox is screamingly gorgeous.
    Yeah... Miss "I'll just be a nice piece of pointless ass with an expression range of a tin can." The teenager sitting next to me acted like he was orgasming almost every time she was on screen. Friggen annoying.

    One thing I really wished this movie did was flesh out the autobots (and the Decepticons) personalities more. One liners to introduce them didn't do much so when Jazz bit it I was left uncaring too much.

    Everyone laughed at that stupid piss joke (especially the 8-yr-old retard next to me.... ugh...) and I didn't even crack a smile. Sam calling his dad a handsome man was hilarious, but the theater was quiet for it. I hate people sometimes...
    W00t! Glad I wasn't the only one that didn't laugh at that joke. Every other corny joke they lobbed in that movie I did chuckle at and so did most people in the theater. One pee joke with the dog was enough...

    Personally I rather enjoyed the movie regardless of the fact there was cheesy dialog, plot holes, non developed characters, and some just down right stupid stereotypes that I hate (like the whole S7 leader bit I shook my head). I wanted to see giant robots fighting, and that's what I got. Left me happy.

  23. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sao Paulo - Brazil
    Posts
    1,232
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 112 Times in 99 Posts
    I love the movie, its fantastic for me, thanks ILM and Michael Bay to bring the robots to life! hehe
    Very comedy stuff too, the autobots are very fun, the kid's dad / mom are crazy. The people laught too much with the family and bumblebee.
    Love the visual fx, the combat scenes, all.
    Very cool!
    1000 stars!

  24. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kansas city, MO
    Posts
    1,167
    Thanks
    1,422
    Thanked 867 Times in 333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rustikof View Post
    what does being a "die-hard" fan even mean in this case?

    Well let's seee...Soundwave (the stormshadow/snake eyes of the transfromers...the most badass transformer ever!) was portrayed as some pipesmoking crackhead, "Bumblebee" likes giving golden showers and wasn't even a volkswagen, Jazz (MAIN AUTOBOT) dies and Prime's like ahh what the hell i got new friends now, Prime actually gets his ass spanked pretty easily from megatron who usually has to cheat to win... i can understand not making him a handgun but Galvatron was a cannon and that would've worked (who's Galvatron you're probably saying to yourself), and one Decepticon kills an entire military base yet...one kid with some cube ( i guess it was an enerjon cube for die hard fans) is just a little too much for them. ]]]= dumb movie for fans of the Transformers that i grew up on. and yes maybe a dinosaur transformer would've been cool. Grimlock was pretty damn sweet. This story of a big cube that somehow gives life to anything with machine parts yet kills when near someone's chest was just plain dumb...how about...the machines depleted their owns planets resources and need ours maybe? o wait...thats the original story, that cant work.
    And the cheese of the movie was...I can't entertain the audience with actual plot and content so let me put in some cheap laughs to make the audience happy. All down hill after the first 30 minutes. Shia was the best thing about the movie even over the effects. Which were way to over done...are those his lips and even eyelids?
    And yes i was a kid then...it was badass then and is still badass. Great ideas survive. looking at your icon...which was better? george clooney batman or christian bale batman? rethorical question but you see how i feel about it. Micheal Bay Tansformers = George Clooney Batman.
    and to be honest...ive watched the transformers cartoon movie tons of times. I'll watch that over this crap any day.
    I can't imagine fans of the Transformers really liking this.
    you want to see a good movie...see pans labyrinth. Let "regular" people enjoy shit like this.
    Last edited by Jason Ross; July 17th, 2007 at 01:31 PM.

  25. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kansas city, MO
    Posts
    1,167
    Thanks
    1,422
    Thanked 867 Times in 333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftyy View Post
    I haven't watched the movie.



    Because I'm not in kindergarten.

    well it is PG-13 and seeing that you're 15....so you just made it. btw...i moved out of my parents basement the day before i saw it and i have a date this friday and im in shape....so there.

  26. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,023
    Thanks
    2,164
    Thanked 3,346 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Ross View Post
    Well let's seee...Soundwave (the stormshadow/snake eyes of the transfromers...the most badass transformer ever!) was portrayed as some pipesmoking crackhead, "Bumblebee" likes giving golden showers and wasn't even a volkswagen, Jazz (MAIN AUTOBOT) dies and Prime's like ahh what the hell i got new friends now, Prime actually gets his ass spanked pretty easily from megatron who usually has to cheat to win... i can understand not making him a handgun but Galvatron was a cannon and that would've worked (who's Galvatron you're probably saying to yourself), and one Decepticon kills an entire military base yet...one kid with some cube ( i guess it was an enerjon cube for die hard fans) is just a little too much for them. ]]]= dumb movie for fans of the Transformers that i grew up on. and yes maybe a dinosaur transformer would've been cool. Grimlock was pretty damn sweet. This story of a big cube that somehow gives life to anything with machine parts yet kills when near someone's chest was just plain dumb...how about...the machines depleted their owns planets resources and need ours maybe? o wait...thats the original story, that cant work.
    And the cheese of the movie was...I can't entertain the audience with actual plot and content so let me put in some cheap laughs to make the audience happy. All down hill after the first 30 minutes. Shia was the best thing about the movie even over the effects. Which were way to over done...are those his lips and even eyelids?
    And yes i was a kid then...it was badass then and is still badass. Great ideas survive. looking at your icon...which was better? george clooney batman or christian bale batman? rethorical question but you see how i feel about it. Micheal Bay Tansformers = George Clooney Batman.
    and to be honest...ive watched the transformers cartoon movie tons of times. I'll watch that over this crap any day.
    I can't imagine fans of the Transformers really liking this.
    you want to see a good movie...see pans labyrinth. Let "regular" people enjoy shit like this.
    Well, the series had an odd, shallow story, so did the movie.
    The acting in the show was bad, as it was in the movie.
    The dialogue was cliched and child-like in the show, as it was in the movie.
    The effects and action in the series was so-so... in the movie it was incredible.

    I don't get the argument that it deviated from the show therefore = bad, since the spirit of the series is along with it. The strongpoint of the series certainly wasn't an all-star performance and intricate storyline, it was about things that transformed into robots, with cool action. Did it NEED to suck in the movie? Hell no. There easily could have been a better cast and better acting which would overshadow the bland storyline (and the gripe about deviation) but it's not what I went in expecting. It's transformers, I want to see robots kicking the shit out of each other. I got it, and I'm happy.

    A friend of mine after leaving the theater (he doesn't like ANY movie, I swear...) said to me "That was a BAD movie.... but it kept me entertained..."

    Uh, mission accomplished then?

    EDIT: But I don't mean to sound condesending and I know I won't 'convert' anyone on the subject. It was a cheesy movie with incredible action, and though there were moments that had me gritting my teeth in anger, there were many more moments that had me smiling with excitement. I think it was broad enough to appeal to transformers fans young and old. Overall it was a dumb, fun movie.
    Last edited by Jason Rainville; July 17th, 2007 at 03:46 PM.

  27. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kansas city, MO
    Posts
    1,167
    Thanks
    1,422
    Thanked 867 Times in 333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhineville View Post
    Well, the series had an odd, shallow story, so did the movie.
    The acting in the show was bad, as it was in the movie.
    The dialogue was cliched and child-like in the show, as it was in the movie.
    The effects and action in the series was so-so... in the movie it was incredible.

    I don't get the argument that it deviated from the show therefore = bad, since the spirit of the series is along with it.

    A friend of mine after leaving the theater (he doesn't like ANY movie, I swear...) said to me "That was a BAD movie.... but it kept me entertained..."

    Uh, mission accomplished then?
    Well you're actually comparing cartoon acting to ahh..to real actors?...not sure if you can call an animation a bad actor. There probably was poor dialogue in the cartoon but you're comparing a mid 80's cartoon series to a live action movie made in 2007 with a 200 mil budget. And deviating from show doesnt make it bad since i was referring to the appeal to DIE HARD fans of the show who probably wanted to see someting thing like bumble bee actually being a bumble bee bug volkswagon. And i guess no one would have a problem if the sequel to Batman Begins has dialogue as super cheesy as the series of the 70's then right? I mean if the logic of "it was cheesy then so being cheesy now is ok". It's ok to update as long as you don't screw it up. My GF had the same exact opinion as your friend. She was entertained but probably wont watch it again.

  28. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,023
    Thanks
    2,164
    Thanked 3,346 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Ross View Post
    Well you're actually comparing cartoon acting to ahh..to real actors?...not sure if you can call an animation a bad actor. There probably was poor dialogue in the cartoon but you're comparing a mid 80's cartoon series to a live action movie made in 2007 with a 200 mil budget. And deviating from show doesnt make it bad since i was referring to the appeal to DIE HARD fans of the show who probably wanted to see someting thing like bumble bee actually being a bumble bee bug volkswagon. And i guess no one would have a problem if the sequel to Batman Begins has dialogue as super cheesy as the series of the 70's then right? I mean if the logic of "it was cheesy then so being cheesy now is ok". It's ok to update as long as you don't screw it up. My GF had the same exact opinion as your friend. She was entertained but probably wont watch it again.

    Don't get me wrong, we're in agreement that the dialogue and acting were both bad, and that it being inspired by an 80's cartoon isn't enough of an excuse, but....

    I didn't go there for the acting
    -------------------------------
    oh btw, scorpinok was in there eh? I can't remember the original series that well but I doubt he was in it.... does that mean there's a possibility for there to be beast wars crossovers in the future? C'mon dinobot....

  29. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Genk,Belgium
    Posts
    493
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by magicgoo View Post
    And, oh yeah, the first time I heard the sound of the transforming, I was sooooo happy that they kept the original sound.
    I got goosebumps all over and a funny feeling in my belly when i heard that sound! pld:


    Quote Originally Posted by magicgoo View Post
    Leftyy, you're the most bitter 15 year old chick I've ever seen. What, was your mom raped by a transformer or something? Get over it.
    Hmm i thought that was bitter too... but hey, she's fifteen.. way too young to understand the nostalgia of transformers

    Guess for us 80's kids this is a dream come true.. for everyone else.. it may be a cheesy robot movie. I'm willing to accept that!


    I wanna see it again!
    X

  30. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakselv, Norway
    Posts
    2,117
    Thanks
    590
    Thanked 1,014 Times in 376 Posts
    no.

    it's horribly bad.

    for those who haven't seen it yet: think Pearl Harbour + American Pie + a bunch of slapstick Mechas.
    In the future, everyone will have 15 minutes of privacy.

    Portfolio
    Sketchblog
    Facebook art page

  31. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    693
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 25 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squidmonk3j View Post
    Pearl Harbour + American Pie + a bunch of slapstick Mechas.
    That's a winner for me, it has its weaknesses but I just sat back and enjoyed it, it's a fun movie.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Art: transformers
    By piratesvscowboys in forum Finished Art
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: October 28th, 2010, 08:16 AM
  2. Transformers Again
    By Bill in forum Artist Lounge
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: July 14th, 2009, 10:27 AM
  3. Art: Transformers
    By cheeks-74 in forum Finished Art
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: August 17th, 2006, 07:30 PM
  4. Art: Transformers #1
    By EraserX in forum Finished Art
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: December 29th, 2005, 01:39 PM
  5. Art: Transformers
    By EraserX in forum Finished Art
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: July 27th, 2003, 11:14 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Designed by The Coldest Water, we build the coldest best water bottles, ice packs and best pillows.