Use of HTML

View testimonialsView Artwork

Thread: Use of HTML

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question Use of HTML

Just a simple question:
    I'm planning to post a quite elaborate thread in the "Non-Paying job listings" sub-board very soon, but there is a simple question I need answered first:

Is there a way to use HTML code in these posts? I tried using the html tags, but apparently those were for showing the actual code, not the formatted text. So please tell me if there is a way to use my HTML text here. Of course, if it's not possible I'll just have to rewrite my thread.

Also, I might as well ask another quick question while I'm at it:
    I've looked at a few other art forums where I'm also planning to post my thread, but few of these state anything specific about web-designing. It surely is a form of art, and I know that many visual artists are also very good with web-design, but I'm still wondering whether or not I will find any of those here, not to mention if it's allowed to ask for it.

Kindly awaiting answers, and I'm really looking forward to getting in touch with some of these many talented individuals.

Radakan
    We are recruiting!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,679 Times in 5,021 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    A lot if html formatting can be converted to vB code by changing the carats to square brackets. Check here.

Tristan Elwell
    **Finished Work Thread **Process Thread **Edges Tutorial

Crash Course for Artists, Illustrators, and Cartoonists, NYC, the 2013 Edition!

"Work is more fun than fun."
    -John Cale

"Art is supposed to punch you in the brain, and it's supposed to stay punched."
    -Marc Maron

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yesyes, I'm very well aware of that Was just wondering if there was a way to use the HTML as-is, because adding all of those brackets will be a bit tedious work, and it would also be a nice thing to know in case of future threads. You see, in SMF you can use the html brackets to display html, but here it's used for code :|

But well, I will just convert it to vB code then

Still wondering about that other question though.

Radakan
    We are recruiting!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Are you on a Windows computer? You can do a conversion quickly by:
    Take your code, open Notepad, Choose "Edit" then "Replace" in the first box input: [ and in the other: < and now press "Replace all". Repeat but with ] and > this time. All your [ ] have now become <. Not sure if I got the button names down right, I don't have an english OS.

And I don't think normal html code works here. At my screen I see a box at the lower left where it says "Postig Rules" and if I look further down I see "HTML code is off".

Last edited by Hunger; July 1st, 2007 at 08:03 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.