Sketchbook: Two Scoops of Sketchage (Update July 6th)

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Two Scoops of Sketchage (Update July 6th)

Hihi new here, first post Hello all Concept Artistsististss.

Actually have a bunch of sketches back home, but have always been too lazy to Scan -> Upload then to computer and post here. Not at home now, and dont have an access to a Scanner here but I did pick up a spiffy new tablet so I thought I'd test it out, and start a sketchbook here at the same time as I'm bored here.. a lot. So heres the first doodle I've done using my tablet.

PS: I couldnt get the hand right.. well the whole right arm I think is off..

EDIT: Added another doodle. Figured I should at least up 2 sketches since the title IS 2 scoops.

EDIT2: Alright added 2 sketches.. aannndd I'm done for today. After I found a brush I really liked, sorta had to keep goin.

Attached Images Attached Images        
    Last edited by -K-; July 6th, 2007 at 12:59 PM. Reason: update
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Welcome to CA! I can see at the lines that you are indeed drawing with the tablet for the first time. If you can scan your traditional work, please do. As for tips: Try to get the proportions right, I know your aiming for a manga style and that's alright with me, but keep working on the anatomy and draw a lot from life as well for understanding depth and proportions better.

Thanks
    Hey Thanks for the advice! Yeah I hope to try and do some more life drawings, and maybe do some coloring experiments with this tablet. But yea, one step at a time. I totally agree with the lines, I found myself very.. unconfident? with my lines, any excercises I can do to improve that?

PS: I'll try to scan some pen/pencil & paper work when I get back to North America, as I dont have a scanner where I am at the moment.

Thanks
    One I did today, found a ref and tried to draw something a little more realistic this time, but couldn't help myself in the end.. got pretty cartoony when I got to his face. I Really like how this sketch turned out though, might clean it up and give it a background, "try" to color it. What do you guys think??

PS: Yeah I'll try to do something more realisitic next time -.-;

Last edited by -K-; July 1st, 2007 at 12:33 PM.

BANNED_For_POOPY_PANTS Guest
    The last pic looks better already. Try cleaning up the lines and I'd definately go for color or grayscale values.

Keep up the good work!

Edit: And the cartoony look is awesome If you put in the time and refine that pic it'll be a really cool one.

Thanks
    Its a good start, but you need to work on your anatomy, do some life drawing and sketches to help get everything in proportion.
    For instance on the picture with the man sleeping. His neck is as big as his head.

Thanks
    Hey guys thanks for the replies. Yeah I'm defiantely gona try to do a good copy. I'm leading towards doing a grayscale coloring first, but do you guys have any tips on how to clean up lines? I went over the picture with a large brush but it doesnt really look right to me. I'll upload an update tommorow morning, I'm dead tired right now ^^;

- kovah yeah I totally agree with you, I'm gona start doing some life drawings this week. Hmm I'll see what I can do regarding the head, I was going for some perspective since hes leaning his head back a bit. Maybe I screwed it up . Thank you for the advice though, I'll see if I can fix that somehow.

Thanks
    New Sketch. &

My attempt at cleaning up/some grayscale coloring of "zzz". Maybe someone can do an example for me.. I'm not really sure how to go about cleaning up a sketch.

Thanks
    New stuff

lol first sketch was what I did before work... and I finished the sketch after work. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. ..

- I also have no idea why I keep doing sketches related to Death of a salesman, but oh well.

Still working on Guy Sleepin on Subway. Will post an update when I make it look decent.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.