Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,004 Times in 654 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Transformers Movie appreciation thread!

Just saw it today!
    I won't say it was super, fantastic, superkalifragelisticexpealdoeshious, or anything like that, but... I have to say...
    that I, myself, personally ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!
    I can't comprehend how much good it was for me! I was totally in love, like with a hot girl, but replace the girl with movie, although that girl in the movie was damn hawt.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I see a sequel in the horizon!....

LONG LIVE YOKO KANNO!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's probably one of very few Michael Bay movies that I like!!! It's that good!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    looking forward from eveyone's responses, but I was majorly disappointed.
    It starts well, but after half way the action gets tedious, the character's arent fleshed out as well and the plot is thin.
    The special effects are brilliant, although the robot designs are too complicated imo, you get the feeling the detail is just there for details sake.

The coolest bit's were the military against the deceptacons in the desert, and the slow mo's were done awesomely.
    Major cons against it

:it goes way too long, I was getting bored during the action scenes and wanted to rest my eyes, the action never slow's down and it gets boring and samey.
    :the action scenes looked like 50 short cuts rather than one massive battle, and the designs in the deceptacons look similar to the autobots and its hard seeing who is who.

:lame characters/actors - personally I found the main actor Sam to be a generic lame actor, the girl/love interest came across as boring cliche'd, and not as hot as I would have liked:p

see it at the movies, because it will look lame as on dvd

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man...You must be hard to please.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by seba_boi View Post
    I see a sequel in the horizon!....
    They're already signed for the sequel.
    We all know how it goes with sequels though...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    We all know how it goes with sequels though...
    "Shrek the Third," anyone?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexC View Post
    looking forward from eveyone's responses, but I was majorly disappointed.
    It starts well, but after half way the action gets tedious, the character's arent fleshed out as well and the plot is thin.
    The special effects are brilliant, although the robot designs are too complicated imo, you get the feeling the detail is just there for details sake.

The coolest bit's were the military against the deceptacons in the desert, and the slow mo's were done awesomely.
    Major cons against it

:it goes way too long, I was getting bored during the action scenes and wanted to rest my eyes, the action never slow's down and it gets boring and samey.
    :the action scenes looked like 50 short cuts rather than one massive battle, and the designs in the deceptacons look similar to the autobots and its hard seeing who is who.

:lame characters/actors - personally I found the main actor Sam to be a generic lame actor, the girl/love interest came across as boring cliche'd, and not as hot as I would have liked:p

see it at the movies, because it will look lame as on dvd
    wait wait wait wait...are you saying...a movie about the transformers..was thin on plot?

Are you...trying to say...that ...this wasn't academy award level acting, such seen that for years to come, this will be hailed as one our generation's opus's, or possibly---the only movie of any worth that came from humanity itself???

I DON'T BELIEVE YOU SIR, FOR YOU I SAY, SPEAKETH BLASPHEMY!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I saw it tonight at 0.00 AM
    Really liked it.
    I understand what AlexC means with the transformers having a bit too much detail. But it didn't really bother me. Just sometimes it was hard to see what's going on.
    Long and cool movie, nice story.

Oh, and I thought the songs the car played in the beginning were hilarious. ^^

love
    Marleen

Last edited by NoŽ; July 1st, 2007 at 02:59 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by NoŽ View Post
    Oh, and I thought the songs the car played in the beginning were hilarious. ^^
    Haha, yeah. Bumblebee sure knew how to set the mood. 8)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by rustikof View Post
    wait wait wait wait...are you saying...a movie about the transformers..was thin on plot?

Are you...trying to say...that ...this wasn't academy award level acting, such seen that for years to come, this will be hailed as one our generation's opus's, or possibly---the only movie of any worth that came from humanity itself???

I DON'T BELIEVE YOU SIR, FOR YOU I SAY, SPEAKETH BLASPHEMY!!!
    I am entitled to my opinion just as much as you are.
    For God's sake, they spent 144 million dollars on it, they could at least hire some decent actors, but most importantly, think of the children

I never mentioned I didnt like the movie, its entertainment, I was merely highlighting some of the movie's flaws

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just saw it. It was fraking awesome. Pure eye candy goodness. It's obviously a blockbuster but it was pretty sweet for a movie about loud bangs. Some parts were funny, some pretty cool cgi and the parts that were cheesy ... well they were handled better that I expected. I like bumblebee and bonecrusher So yeah ... go see it if you like that sort of stuff.

I posted this in the other pooh pooh thread too sorry

Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I had been thinking the movie would be a terrible mess that would send all of the fans of the old show into a riot.

..but as soon as I heard Peter Cullen's voice and saw the opening logo I was instantly in love.The theater seemed like a rock concert. Fans were cheering and clapping and laughing outloud. It was one of the best theater experiences I've ever had, if not the very best. It was hard at times to not just sit back and appreciate the animation alone.

My only complaint is the tech-genius kids side story was really superfluous.

I'm going to see it again soon.

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    optimus prime got a standing ovation when he came on screen lol

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 417 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Great....I might have to wait a week on this one then. I cant stand when people cheer and what not at movies. Its a movie! It cant hear you! It cannot appreciate your applause! And it absolutely will not stop! Till you are dead! Sorry...derailed a little at the end there.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I saw it last night and loved it. The main thing to keep in mind is that it's based on a children's cartoon. Go back and watch the cartoon and you'll see that, while in our memories the whole show was awesome, in reality the voice acting is kinda flat and dull. So, to expect the acting in the movie to be so much better is perhaps a tad unrealistic.
    But yes, it had flaws.

If you haven't seen it yet, be prepared to suspend your disbelief and definitely see it in theaters cause it will not do it justice on the small screen.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not enough Metal-on-Metal Hardcore Action for the ticket price and running time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I was blown away, nearly cried when Prime introduced himself. I had a few nit picks but minor stuff, overall I was very entertained and thought it was worth ever penny of the ticket price. If ILM doesn't win a few academy awards for this film I'm going to be pissed.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The effects were good... but the characters were way too detailed and as mentioned, hard to tell apart when they're mashing into each other. What really amazed me about this movie was the product placements... took it to a whole new level. I swear GM must have paid a friggin' fortune to have their cars so prominent in this movie. Not to mention Ebay... Taco Bell... U.S. Army... mountain dew... Nokia... Apple.... blah blah etc etc.

And C'mon... all the good guys were GM cars, and the bad guys were what... a Ford Mustang and a Dodge Charger?

This isn't entertainment, it's a giant commercial.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oh, there was a movie preview before transformers started that looked awesome. Started as a going away party for some dude and then there's this growl and earthquake... they all go up to the roof and see a giant explosion in the distance, then all hell starts breaking loose. Anyone know what this movie is? They flashed the movie info for a split second... not enough time to see the name of the movie.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingwa View Post
    The effects were good... but the characters were way too detailed and as mentioned, hard to tell apart when they're mashing into each other. What really amazed me about this movie was the product placements... took it to a whole new level. I swear GM must have paid a friggin' fortune to have their cars so prominent in this movie. Not to mention Ebay... Taco Bell... U.S. Army... mountain dew... Nokia... Apple.... blah blah etc etc.

And C'mon... all the good guys were GM cars, and the bad guys were what... a Ford Mustang and a Dodge Charger?

This isn't entertainment, it's a giant commercial.

They were going to be cars either way, who cares if they're all the same manufacturer? In some cases, you can't help but have something BE a product, if that's the case, they might as well go ahead and liscence all the cars to someone.

* Help a CA artist! Visit the Constructive Critique section! *

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    oh, there was a movie preview before transformers started that looked awesome. Started as a going away party for some dude and then there's this growl and earthquake... they all go up to the roof and see a giant explosion in the distance, then all hell starts breaking loose. Anyone know what this movie is? They flashed the movie info for a split second... not enough time to see the name of the movie.
    Godzilla.

I thought transformers was pretty damn good. I don't understand why some people treat this movie as if it were supposed to be some serious Oscar winning piece of fine cinematography. Its just an entertaining popcorn flick. I laughed, I enjoyed giant robots fighting, I understood the story, I was entertained. Product placement only matters if you're dumb enough to go "Oh look Bumblebee is a '08 Camero, I think ill go buy one now." It was a very entertaining film.

"Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think that if you were between the ages 4 - 10 you probably soaked your chair when Optimus arrived on screen. I have been reading a ton of hate reviews on AICN etc. and it just isn't due for the incredible work everyone did on this film.

Think of it this way, you're a director and someone hands you a toy of Optimus Prime and then tells you "now go make a movie about this" could anyone in the world have done a better job than what we just saw? NO!

Yes the shameless product placements are there, yes the comedy is too much at times, yes there could have been more character development etc. etc. etc. But you know what, we got one hell of a Transformers movie, end of story. Every kid I saw that was lit by the theatre screen was either shoving popcorn into their faces as fast as they could or clutching onto one another in dear hope Megatron didn't come off that screen.

Well done everyone involved with this project!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What really amazed me about this movie was the product placements... took it to a whole new level. I swear GM must have paid a friggin' fortune to have their cars so prominent in this movie.
    Irony.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13687071/

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed, The world in arms is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from an iron cross."

...I have a sketchbook?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    right now the working title is cloverfield. and theres very little info about the film. all thats been said is that its entirely filmed with handheld cameras to make it appear the characters are filming. it is a monster film and the title is said to be something like the parasite. comes out in janurary 08

-=[ Sinister Six Sketch Group ]=-
    -=[ Cookiedough Fooxoo |ntern Hyver Character Evildisco]=-

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Taking the movie on as a whole -- I was pretty disappointed. It took almost an hour to get Prime and the others on screen. And then they just played second fiddle to a bunch of dumb plot points, (John Turturro's G-Man and the Code Breaker's storylines). Starscream had what? one line? Megatron had a few more, if that. Bay should have trusted his animators and given the bots more screen time. I do hope it makes a ton of money and we get a worthy sequel.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i cant wait for that movie to come out (the earthquake / explosion / camera one). looked pretty sweet!

as for transformers, I'm going to have to go see it again. I had the worst movie experience tonight when I went and hopefully wont be as bad tomorrow. But from what I witnessed, it was great. although, the intense camera scrambling and cuts during battle scenes made it annoying. Trying to depict what exactly was going on was pretty hard in that sense. And I knew the guy gets girl storyline was going to be lame from the get go so I wasn't to worried about that. I was there for the special effects! and they were great!

cant wait to really see it tomorrow!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No one should even attempt making a Transformers movie unless they can somehow outdo Orson Welles as a planet devouring robot. Besides, all the great special effects in the world aren't enough to make me pay to see Michael Bay shit on my childhood memories.

No offence intended to those who enjoyed the film, I just loathe overly slick retrograde movies.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by |NTeRN View Post
    right now the working title is cloverfield. and theres very little info about the film. all thats been said is that its entirely filmed with handheld cameras to make it appear the characters are filming. it is a monster film and the title is said to be something like the parasite. comes out in janurary 08
    Some are saying it's a "Voltron" movie! haha.

It's being produced by JJ Abrams. Looking forward to it!

Last edited by Dizon; July 5th, 2007 at 06:22 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.