Where Do People Find Their Inspirations?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Where Do People Find Their Inspirations?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cool Where Do People Find Their Inspirations?

I've been drawing recreationally for a short time now, but now I have expressed some of my better work onto paper and onto my website:

www.geocities.com/pie_sites

And now I seem to have run out of ideas, so I was wondering where people find their inspirations?

Any suggestions would be a help

Thanx
    Pie

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Pie.

I would recommend getting out some old books, old photos, or anything that you think looks cool. Just a few days ago i got out the little instruction manual that comes with Metal Gear Solid for Playstation and it has some cool pics of the characters and i just started drawing them. Also another thing that has inspired me recently is this new book i got called Tolkein's World. It has some cool paintings done by various artists. Also, some of the work i've seen on here inspires me to do something of my own. I dont know if your a game guy but some of the instruction manuals to alot of games have some really cool pics in there. I dont know if this helps but O well

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanx Man,
    Yea I am a game guy I'm taking your advice, I got the game manual for 'MechAssualt' on the xbox in front of me now, lookin at the Mechs in particular, and I a REALLY old book bout the BSA Bantum motorbike, which should help with detail on mechanics and such.
    Thanx for the tip

Pie

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    O yeah i forgot

Go rent or buy the Animatrix and watch it twice in a row. Man it is soooo awesome. Very inspiring. Have u seen it?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey sorry man bout the delay, I bin workin on some guitar riffs.
    Anywayz nah i ent sin it, i'll be sure to rent it now its bin recommended , also I found some inspiration in some music videos by the band TooL.
    Also game manuals like you recommended, I checked out the mechassualt manuals and it got me thinkin.
    So I think my inspiration problem is over, thanx for the help

PiE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cool

Guitar riffs, eh? Nice! What song are you working on, and what's your rig like? I've got a basic Strat>pedals>tube amp setup until I get my sweet Memphis refretted. Lately I've been obsessed with Derek Trucks' rhythm parts on the new Allman Bros album. That guy is the king of subtle rhythm, and plays nicely off of the rhythm section and the co-guitarist Warren Haynes. But I digress...

I went to your site to see what kind of things you like to draw but couldn't find ay drawings, so I'll just post this link I check out when I'm stuck for ideas (which happens a lot unfortunately):

eBay

Seriously, just check out some of the stuff people sell there. I've looked at some really great illustrated fruit labels, postcards, cigar labels, etc. It gets the creative juices flowing for me, so give it a try. You'd be surprised how much looking at something totally different from what your drawing will help you think of things.

-Bad Mange

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I find it difficult to draw when im not inspired so when I need it I bombard myself with things that i know will fire my imagination. Old Sci fi movies and PC Gaming are two of my favorites. The best thing to do is to just let your imagination go nuts and then try and draw what you see in your head and then perfect it on the paper.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    once you become a master of art, music will be your answer.

thats the best thing for me and works damn well !

alx

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well depends on the kinda stuff you like.. Me... i like anime/manga/video game/ the whole works. I get inspiration a lot from here too. Deviantart.com has a search engine too.. sometimes i find some art there that i like. I get inspiration from starcraft, naruto (manga), and things like rune soldier (anime) or hellsing... It really all depends my friend.

-your born wet naked and hungry then things just get worse.
    -life is like a box of chocolates... you got one cherry and 12 fricken coconuts.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've learned that inspiration comes from everything around you so when you want to think up something cool and inventive for a new type of vehicle or cosume etc look at objects around you and implement there shapes or details into the drawing you are working on. I learned this little trick in fine arts of all places.

home is where the heart is. mb if i had a heart id have home....
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    comic book art, tons of artists websites, art books of my fav fantasy and video game and anime artists, kick ass music to pump me up, drawing things for friends and family and getting encouraged and happy people in return, things you can buy with money is always inspirational like when you work hard and buy something cool, basically any way you can enjoy other artistts art in any way shape and form from music to nature to sculpting i pursue them and my head swirls with ideas from the skilled bad asses in the field.

Fen Berserke Kirta Morta

Elwell is offline Sticks Like Grim Death Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,666 Times in 5,020 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Read.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I watch Star Wars... :eek:

I also look at ebay art as well. It's funny how that really makes me want to get something going.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I find the majority of my inspiration in other artists, obviously. (Particularly various comic artists.) But what drives the blood through my veins when I put pencil to pad is a good rock n' roll soundtrack. I listen to an awful lot of good classic rock, with some more contemporary stuff mixed in here and there. Good vibes from another good artist are what really helps to keep me going.

I also find my inspiration in video games, surprisingly. Not just in art design itself (which is bountiful) but also in the skill they often demand of the player. It was the half-life mod Team Fortress classic, a game which when I was in my prime, was an absolute master at, hat convinced me that I had the potential to be a good artist. This was because playing it regularly showed that I did indeed have the potential to think one step ahead of just about everyone else, with finesse and skill to match. (I had a lot of moments in that game akin to Neo in the Matrix...I've recently begun playing again, and found my artistic muse again, too.)

Members who have read this thread: 1