Sketchbook: Nizza sketches -02
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nizza sketches -02

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Nizza sketches -02

Hey all, had to start up a new sb as my other one was kinda lame and have a whole bunch of new scribblings and studies to share.

I have to get really good and get a good fine art-ish folio (drawing specific) ready by about october, my course changing at rmit depends on it.

So here goes some stuff from this morning and last night (just got john watkiss' progressive anatomy too, fun drawing in there)

Attached Images Attached Images          
    Last edited by Nizza_waaarg; October 10th, 2007 at 09:17 PM.
    Ninja code forbid me to use door

NEW SKETCHBOOK!!!

i can haz folio wip: WEBSITE
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    and a few heads from this week
    (still like working with pencil more than digital)

crits are always welcome
    also found a few life drawing sessions around so i hope to be getting into that soon

NEW SKETCHBOOK!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    your paintings look really good. Would love to see some finish works here. good job.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ty for the reply doodler (that was quick )

still got heaps of work to do with painting, i've got this mindset that i've gotta get really good with my drawing skills, then move onto to painting after i've got that down, i've been trying to get into it more recently

and two more painting attempts from last night/today, ones done in painter the other in ps (i still prefer working in ps btw) these look insanley flat and none too detailed now that i think about it, least im practising

NEW SKETCHBOOK!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    new sketches!!!
    Just some wierd skeleton studies i did, no ref on any of these (prolly shoulda used some tho >_<) and decided to go back to using a plain pencil for that head with the shading there, as opposed to my fancy mechanical pencil. And a few random hand studies thrown in for good measure

NEW SKETCHBOOK!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    finally got some more stuff out. Worked out this new art schedule thing so i should be drawing pretty much constantly, every day so im hoping there will be some improvment by september.

first one was done with a plain hb pencil, more just laying down some early light values rather than fully rendered. Should prolly go back in and try and pull some darks out next. Second one was done with my fancy new prismacolour pencils They are pretty fun to work with, still trying to get used to shading with the flat side of the pencil. (Bouguereau studies if you couldn't tell )

NEW SKETCHBOOK!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    update!!!!!!!!
    been doing some figures, i think im finally coming to terms with the whole gesture concept, still doesn't look all that flash but im learning at least

also did some more work on that bouguereau peice, not sure if it really looks all that great but ill see where i get with it.

NEW SKETCHBOOK!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Let me be the first to welcome you to SSG 11! It'll probably be a little while before everybody else stop by here, I am gonna wait until I get home from work to send out the PMs to them and let them know that you've joined us.

I like what you've got here! You've got some really good studies and I can't wait to see more. I hope that you will continue to work on you digi skills too, even though it can be more frustrating than working in pencil once you learn the thing (not that I have or anything) it can be a lot of fun.

Chris

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, thanks for the kind words chris, i hope to get back into digi soon too.
    Really am getting nervous about the fine arts folio though, still need some actual finished things to add to it >_<

just a few things i whipped up. A weird creature i drew, needed somthing creative to break up all the studies i've been doing and my very first charcoal peice (looks like crap i know, still getting used to it)

edit: just got that richard shmid 'alla prima' painting book so i guess ill have to get some digi paints happening.
    also fell asleep and missed life drawing last two days -_-, ill make it to one of them someday

Last edited by Nizza_waaarg; July 11th, 2007 at 11:11 PM.

NEW SKETCHBOOK!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice sketchbook. Way to do those anatomy studies, they look really good.

bhanu is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 766 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Ahh hey nizza ,
    long time no see.Well, I can see that there is a lot imporvement in your work.Your forms are a well lit .Linework though needs practice.Its not as confidentas teh tonal work.
    Keep rocking.
    And yeah ,
    See ya around.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello!
    Welcome to our little SSG

I don't have much time left, gotta go work in a few minutes so I'll make it short
    Really nice studies in here! I'm especially loving the two pencil drawings in post #2.. Really good lines.
    I just posted some colour tips in gtgauvin's sketchbook, and maybe they're helpful for you too
    I agree with your tones being more confident than your lines, so try using a softer pencil maybe and make swooshy lines that look clean. Something that helped me doing this is Posemaniacs 30 second drawing.. Try it out some time, it's really cool.

Well, gotta go now.
    Will stop by later ofcourse ^^
    Keep it up!
    Marleen

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ajoi!

Cool Sketchbook so far, I love that little creature dude, hes so cute!

Josh

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great seeing so many studies in there. Try varying the linework a little, maybe even grab a brush and go loose.

my sketches here... http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=92997

www.sevans.co.nz , visit them or a puppy dies!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yay, w00t for replies ^_^

Yacob: cheers man, glad to hear they look good, im going crazy with too many studies

bhanu: thanks for stoppin by man. Good catch on the linework thing. My lines were never confident to begin with and i think i've tried to make them even lighter and sketchier recently so they might be getting even weaker, definitley something to work on.

NoŽ: thanks, actually just picked up one of those packs of Derwent soft pencils (9b-b-hb-f-h) so i've been trying them out for a while, still gotta get the swooshyness happening

JWashke: thanks, all in the tiny, beady eyes (update below)

SEVANS: Just hope the studies pay off and i remember all this stuff when i move on to the creative illustration and all
    ty for the advice, i really should push the tools more (still trying to get used to these damn prismacolors >_<)

Thanks for all the feedback guys, really helping me out here

So after some really messed up dreams (been really lucid lately and have only been getting like 3 hrs sleep a night ) i tried some more prisma colour rendering, then moved onto some kChen studies (trying to get volume down with gesture). Decided to step back from all of it and dust off the old wacom.
    No refs, kinda just wanted to relax and lay some lines and colours down. These are only rough colour schemes im trying out, kinda having trouble moving on to details, i'll try again after some sleep

NEW SKETCHBOOK!!!

gtgauvin is offline 3rd-level Artist with a +1 pencil and a Printer of Scanning Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the warmth of the color in the last two images. I look forward to seeing these images more refined.

"I always did want to be a hero...and a liar!"

My Sketch Thread

My Stupid Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Haha, it is the eyes man! I like the colors so far, keep it up.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    gtgauvin: thanks man, used to do nothing but painfully desaturated colours so trying to get out there with somthing (hopefully) better

JWashke: cheers man, glad to hear the base colours are working

Kinda slow on the updates, was in a mini art slump on saturday, got really into bridgman sat night and have been inpired/drawing since. Just a bit of an update, still gotta finish of some more of my fancy new studies.

I officially worship prismacolor now, and grabbed a whole bunch of this awsome smooth marker paper too, takes everything from marker to pen to pencil, best paper ever. Spent a decent chunk of time on the rendering side of this one, really got a feel for the form of the pelvis outta this so i guess i learned somthing. Going through more pelvis, ribcage and skull in depth now.

NEW SKETCHBOOK!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice Pelvis, can't wait to see the skull and the ribcage stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ah, I like these last to digis, I hope that you'll take them a step further.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Nizza!

Nice digis indeed! I definately like the light and dark colours on the face a lot. Lovely mood and contrast. The creature is looking sweet too, and I like how the texture of the paper is still over it.
    Oh dear, I'm liking the pelvis as well! No crits

Love
    Marleen

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    JWashke: thanks man, still trying to finish/get around to the ribcage and skull, hoping to detail 'em up the same as the pelvis

chris: cheers, should be getting back to the digis later today

marleen: thanks, ill try and keep 'em looking as vibrant when i get to detailing (might be harder )

well, im officially no longer a student at rmit, got my form for deferment for this semester all sorted,
    and got my cash back for this semester, all in the name of fine arts folio prep.
    so that means drawing more or less constantly, every day for the next 10 weeks or so when its all due.

been doing some more skele studies, watkiss anatomy and a durer study to boot. I should be getting back to
    those digis tonight, need a break (my hands are more or less black from all the graphite >_<)

NEW SKETCHBOOK!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ah, these studies are nice. They make me want to do some more studies myself. Even though I know I need to do them sometimes I have a hard time bringing myself to, so I'm glad for the inspiration.
    My only crit on this one, the praying hands are starting to get dark and muddy. It looks like there's lots of hand oils smudgin stuff around, and one easy way to combat that is to lay a blank piece of paper on the drawing for your hand to rest on, that way your hand doesn't actually come in contact with your marks.

Anyhoo, keep it up!

Chris

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    chris: cheers mate, i messed up those value so much on that durer hands good advice on the hand paper anti smudge deal

anywhoos, mini update, still working on the torso, and i finally went to my very first life drawing class last night (untutored). I was really shakey and crap at first but got into after the first few gestures, and it really showed me what i need to work on. Only got 3 to post cause most of the others are painfully crap (all done with prismacolour pencil btw) and im still working on my digi stuff, should have some more done by tonight

also just got that other hilltop hoods album (hard road), aussie hip hop ftw!!!

NEW SKETCHBOOK!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Looking good man, the life drawing stuff looks excellent along with that rib cage and pelvis, Can't wait to see the digis.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool drawings man. I'm really liking the greyscale ones.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hmm, Hilltop Hoods have a website (I'm sure they do but I'm soooo lazy and don't wanna look it up myself)? Anyhoo, I like these life drawings here, are you going to be making it to life drawing on a regular basis?

Eh, alls I got for now.

Chris

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    JWashke: thanks man, definitley encouraging about the latest batch, hoping to get as good as i can asap

slowprog: cheers, thanks for dropping by

chris: yeah, hoping to make it to life drawing at least once a week, i figure i best learn it to a reasonable level before i enrol in a course where i'll be doing it almost daily

feel kinda crap about posting with no art but im kinda in a slump, not so much an art slump as it is a lazy slump (don't feel like doing anything )
    ill prolly check around ca a bit more to see if it gets me inspired some

NEW SKETCHBOOK!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    finally got an update. I've got a stomach virus or somthing, i hope thats why i've been so lazy and un-motivated the last 3 days and im not just falling into some art slump. Got a lot more drawing out just yesterday thankfully and started up a large (a3) michaelangelo study that im still working on (had to use my digi cam for this, think ill scan it in two seperate parts when i get to the finished thing though). also did this other skeleton back view as well.

Still loving my prismacolours, really having a hard time with applying an overall light tone and gradually building up though, i keep darkening areas way to early on and it keeps f'king up all my drawings Guess i'll have to keep at it

NEW SKETCHBOOK!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey, these last two look pretty nice. It sounds like you already know what you have to work on (building up tones)

Chris

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1