Sketchbook: Nizza sketches -02 - Page 3
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya nizza!
    Nice updates! I really like this page because it's looking pretty solid, like a 3d shape.
    I agree with Dose, some more confident (especially longer) lines would do your sketches good. The proportions seem okay by the way
    I really like how far you've come already in such a short time.
    Good luck saving up money to go to a good art school. Meanwhile, don't forget why you like to draw ^^ and maybe do some longer projects, or keep a sketchbook standing open so you keep remembering that you'd like to maybe do drawing instead of computing (but remember it's not bad to not want to draw ofcourse )

Ah well. Keep it up!
    Love
    Marleen

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    chris: cheers man. Got pride and ufc down here, and got some pretty good looking boxing coming up on main event (pay per view) next month too. Thing is it costs like $20-30 per session >: {
    thanks for the encouragment, always appreciated

marleen: thanks you. I think if anything my lines are getting less and less confident but i'm hoping to compensate with some badass stroke economy with my paints
    and i think im finally rediscovering how much i like to actually just sit down and draw like i did years ago when drawing really crappy manga doodles, and it's really helping me find what i need to study more.

anyways, been busy (as a beaver) studying all this graphic design crap, and hunting down decent low/entry level jobs around here (wanna get a little more skill under my belt before applying tho). And i got my website under way. More of a placeholder right now for when i do get some serious graphic design and illustration stuff happening (years off, but still ). I'll link when i've finally got it up and running.

and onto the pics. Some hands and also some flash new painting stuff. Been really inspired by prom recently (dunno if it shows). So im learning all about painting and drawing sexy babes outta my head at the same time (this one's an early wip still, and got a few more on the way, mass production style)
    hopefully ill remember to stay motivated this time around

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Ninja code forbid me to use door

NEW SKETCHBOOK!!!

i can haz folio wip: WEBSITE

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey! You're doing great!

From the last update I really really like the digital one.. Very nice colours and stuff Looking sexy!
    Rest is looking solid too proportion wise. And maybe you just shouldn't care about lines for a while and they'll get better on it's own?

Keep it up!
    Love
    Marleen

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I can see that you are really into anatomy and I like what I see. I think that you have some really interesting colorsketches but I would like to see some more contrast (might be personal preferences though ^^)

Keep at it man.

Vicious Pineapples
    Come, critique our art and help us grow!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice studies ...keep it up

Who exactly is this minjit you ask?
    Rorke's Sketch Book of Doomy Dooomm!
    I don't want to go mommy...>.< you can't make me!

ďI know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.Ē
    --Robert McCloskey quote

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Holy crap!, This latest update is killer! Great source of inspiration in prom, that's for sure. Show us more sexy babes. And yeah, stroke economy for sure as something to keep in mind. Not too bad though, not too bad.

Chris

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    marleen: thanks. hope the line thing does work out eventually

buckster: thanks man, contrast is definitley something i gotta work on

rorke: cheers

chris: cheers bro right on with the stroke economy advice. And sexy babes always makes practice fun, so more coming up soon i hope

i swear this digital painting thing is gonna make me put a bullet in my head
    finally came to the realization i can't sketch to save my life with a tablet on the comp. Everything so far that looks even halfway reasonable in colour has all been based on sketches, so definitley somthing i gotta work on. It's kinda got me down on my paint studies right now, but got some fresh scanned in pencils to play around with

anyways, got a bit of everything. Heads, shoulders, and a couple of tiny enviro thumbs as well. I'll see if i can get anything decent happening with the paint again today

NEW SKETCHBOOK!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey nice sketchbook and good studies, keep up the good work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey thanks for the crit it very helpful : )
    i see what you mean by the loose figure studies, I will do some it sounds like a good idea
    ON to your Sketchbook your lines portrait the figure pretty well but it seems that they lack confidence when you draw if you sketch your lines out -running over them w/ you pencil a few times. Just try going through a pic once w/o back tracing w/ your pencil
    Also you have some great shading thats smooth and shows texture rather well but you are only using a few of the tones you can get w/ your pencil make sure even if its just a doodle to try and get the darkest lines possible w/ a pencil ohh and also lets see something finished
    -hope this helps, jedininja

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have been looking around some more here and I am really impressed by your brush strokes (something I gotta work on myself).
    Sketch nr 3 in your last post is a keeper ^^ and the looseness in the last one is really cool.

Please do raise the contrast in your scanner next time please, I want to see what I am looking at ;p

Cheers mate, keep it up

Vicious Pineapples

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    teh gosu: cheers, will do

jedininjaman: thanks. yeah, im still trying to get my lines working and that pencil shading thing too. I think i got it in my head at one point ages ago that i'd just be using pencils for the rough scribble stage, then everything would get all fixed up in the painting stage. Unfortunatley... i can't paint >_<

Buckster: thanks man, definitley encouraging. And ill try and get the contrast up more often

Well, some quick paints, just more crappy crap crap. Did some pretty neat pencil gestures today though, ill scan them in when i can, and might give me more to practise painting with.

oh yeah, the last one here i did a bit differently, and it came out way to light i think. I kinda like the jaw/cheek area tho The other two i basically laid down a really dark grey and built it up slow from there.

NEW SKETCHBOOK!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    these last digis are nice. the one that you said looked way too light I really like, but if you feel as though its too light then get in there with a darker grey and knock those shadows back. Personally I think the lights are right on.

Chris

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    chris: thanks man, good to hear a second opinion on it. Im still having trouble wraping my head around the whole value scale thing

well, a few sketches from this morning... without ref
    kinda crap i know, but having alot more fun with these than on teh plain boring old studies. Trying to loosen up more on them, and messing around with line weight for dramatic effect. And the second one is kinda weird, just wanted to draw yet another random head with no lips, with a kinda vampire thing going on. Went a bit wack on the shading i guess but...

NEW SKETCHBOOK!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh! I really dig the headshot piece in the last pose, very loose and nice design,.
    I like the way you thought about the third piece in post 71 but it turned out a little flat. The other two from that post are really dynamic and nice though.

Keep it up man.

Cheers

Vicious Pineapples

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AAARRRGGGG!!!! haven't updated in forevah!

buckster: cheers, im still struggling with the painting >_<

anyways, still getting over this damn cold/flu thing. And i've been getting lazier and lazier with the studies and drawing but at least i am actually drawing from time to time. I've got a few sketches still to scan in.
    And i'm still waiting for call of duty 4 to come out on the 7th for ps3. Got the urge to play some video games and it definitley looks cool.

Painted this just today, only 15-20 mins so far, not sure. Still got much to do and its coming out kinda metalic or somthing (gotta work on surface/material rendering more). Its kind of turning out half way alright which hasn't caused me to hurl my wacom at the wall in frustration. All in ps (no pencil lines or anything). Ignore the monstrously ugly brow/face for now and that left arm still needs heaps of tweaking

NEW SKETCHBOOK!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    10-15 min, very nice mate. I think that you should add some volume to the hip and waist area, she looks a little thin ^^ I am not sure but the head looks a little big to me. Try to flip this piece as well (if you have not done so)
    I like the twist of the torso, a hard thing to do, keep at it man.

Cheers

Vicious Pineapples

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yeah, I have trouble with the value scale too.

Seems like you have a good handle on what needs to be done with this latest one, so let's see how she goes.

Chris

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AARRRGGG!!!!! ART SLUMP SUCKS!!!!!!!

anyways, got real lazy for the last few days... or weeks >_>
    went on a huge anime and guitar binge though, which is good i think. And snapped the tips of two picks in the process, which i thought was pretty damn hardcore (fret fingers like fire )

anyways, too tired to scan my latest sketches in right now, will get onto it tommorow. Got some 3d though (bout an hour or two in mebbe). Trying to do some basic practices so i can get back into the 3d groove and then maybe shoot of some sort of folio to this games studio thats like right down the street from me i found out about at a games convention the other week.
    and these new smilies are kinda cool

cheers all

NEW SKETCHBOOK!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    and a bit more of a proper update right here

did some more work on that 3d model and started doing some proper sculpting in zbrush (first real zbrush project ). Only done the torso and upper arms so far so much to do still. And some sketches from the last day or two.

NEW SKETCHBOOK!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great life sketches and paints!! i love that quick little sketch style! keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow man.. I'm sorry for not replying earlier!
    - The anatomy studies are lookin gorgeous, I don't think I have crits on that part.
    - The digital painting of the woman you were so frustrated about: well I don't think it's half as bad as you think it is. I really quite like it actually. You could simply lower the contrast so that the skin looks less metallic. I think the waist is a little too thin though. But it does look quite nice. Nice pose ^^
    - The 3d stuff is quite cool, but on the ZBrush thing: watch out for proportions! I think the upper arms are too short compared too the lower arms. Also something is looking weird, but I can't figure out what.

I think you're doing quite nice! Just keep sketching and you'll get out of the art slump!

Love
    Marleen.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reject-D: thanks man

marleen: Thank you, i gotta check back into your book too. Crits are right on, I can't believe i let myself push the contrast so much in that b+w pic actually . And i used the tweak tool to pull that lower arm down a bit more in zbrush to lengthen the upper arm abit, still couldn't get everything working together in maya though T_T

hopefully im out of the art slump for now

anyways, been drawing somes bammes anatomy (the book's all in german though so im just going of of the pictures). And did these cool little sillouettes with markers as well, just to try actually doing some creative character stuff. And now that i've actually scanned this stuff in i can try getting back into painting too for a bit.

cheers all

NEW SKETCHBOOK!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think it's time to make a sketchbook thread, this one is getting a bit long for a forum devoted to a couple sketches and critiques. Good stuff!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Rabid - this really is a sketchbook thread, promise.

Nizza - good stuff man. I don't know how you feel but from the outside looking in you seem to be out of the art slump! I guess my only real crit for now is to watch your stroke economy, I know you can provide more confident lines than what we're seeing on this last batch. Good shit anyhoo, keep it up.

Chris

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    arg, been kinda hit and miss lately, some days are awsome and others i feel like jammin the pencil through my brains

rabid peanut: your in it man

chris: i can just imagine myself as some insane concept artist a billion years away from now and i just know my stroke economy is still going to be ugly as hell man
    and i gotta post in your sb some more, kinda been neglecting all the ssg homies

anyways, as i said, good days and bad days. i'm hopin after the holiday season and when we finally get a friggin cool change down here (hit 42 freakin degrees today down here in melbourne, litterally swimmin in a pool of sweat right now >_<) i might feel a bit better and be more motivated to draw.
    and here's my micro update: some girls, some more randomness with some graphite powder thrown in, and KNEES!!!!!

and happy new year to you all's
    don't go overboard to much like i did last year and turn up to work at 9am new years day only to throw up right infront of the boss

cheers

NEW SKETCHBOOK!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great sketchbook you got there. Lot's of diversity in studies too. You're going alright.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Happy new year! It is nice to see those studies and quick sketches, you have a very nice sense of a natural kind of movement and I am digging that. Very cool to see those 3D stuffs as well.

Keep this up, Cheers!

Vicious Pineapples

gtgauvin is offline 3rd-level Artist with a +1 pencil and a Printer of Scanning Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey. Sorry about my neglectful behavior. Had a look at some of your more recent updates, and I have to say, I'm liking it. There are lots of really solid forms which establish themselves well within the space of the image. I'd like to see you use more in the way of shadows, like you did here, here , and here. Your ability to establish forms with a few well-placed lines coupled with a few solid value shifts ought to really make these pop.

Great work. Oh, and Happy New Year.

"I always did want to be a hero...and a liar!"

My Sketch Thread

My Stupid Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    whoa! awesome! just try to up the contrast in some pics and then you'll be striaght

Incessant Doodlings of a Wandering Mind (my sketchbook)
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96904

"Avoidance of what you can't draw well doesn't stimulate growth." -Cory Trego-Erdner

"Only the mediocre are always at their best."-Jean Giraudoux

Thanks
    Thanked 1,429 Times in 152 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    solid studies, I hope you keep them up... good investment choice..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1