Results 1 to 13 of 92
Thread: C.O.W. - #090: Summer Plague
June 23rd, 2007 #1
C.O.W. - #090: Summer Plague
Sunday, 01st July 2007
- for any questions or help go here:
note: The deadline won't be EXACTLY after a week...it can last up to 24 hours more, i am human and have to work also, you know
Post your creature for this week!
Last edited by Fozzybar; June 29th, 2007 at 06:03 AM.
June 23rd, 2007 #2
- Summer Plague is the name of the creature, which is part of a species
- No individuals, shapeless shadows, viruses etc
- For this one a concpet text is required
June 23rd, 2007 #3
Maybe I'll revive the cicada plague idea.
June 23rd, 2007 #4
June 23rd, 2007 #5
oooh, Nice concept this week, and I caught it early. 8) I hope I can get something in.
June 23rd, 2007 #6
"Summer Plague is the name of the creature, which is part of a species"
So the species itself isn't named "summer plague," just one creature of the species [ ? ]
This one confuses me a bit...so can the creature be an annoying pestilence like a plague, or does it actually spread the plague...?
1. an epidemic disease that causes high mortality; pestilence.
2. an infectious, epidemic disease caused by a bacterium, Yersinia pestis, characterized by fever, chills, and prostration, transmitted to humans from rats by means of the bites of fleas. Compare bubonic plague, pneumonic plague, septicemic plague.
3. any widespread affliction, calamity, or evil, esp. one regarded as a direct punishment by God: a plague of war and desolation.
4. any cause of trouble, annoyance, or vexation: Uninvited guests are a plague.
–verb (used with object)
5. to trouble, annoy, or torment in any manner: The question of his future plagues him with doubt.
6. to annoy, bother, or pester: Ants plagued the picnickers.
7. to smite with a plague, pestilence, death, etc.; scourge: those whom the gods had plagued.
8. to infect with a plague; cause an epidemic in or among: diseases that still plague the natives of Ethiopia.
9. to afflict with any evil: He was plagued by allergies all his life.
Sorry if I'm nitpicking. My mind's just gone blank on this one
Try always to [ i m p r o v e. ]
June 23rd, 2007 #7
June 23rd, 2007 #8Registered User
- Join Date
- Jun 2004
- Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Placeholder/sketches for people's enjoyment.
I promise the ambulatory carnivorous daisy won't be my final. I'm leaning towards the hot-air jellies. Or maybe I'll come up with something a little more original . . .
June 23rd, 2007 #9
June 23rd, 2007 #10
June 24th, 2007 #11
I've got a few ideas, hopefully I can be in this one... I'll be gone from tommarrow til the next sunday so I'm not really going to have any time.
June 24th, 2007 #12
The head of the beast:
Last edited by OldJake666; June 24th, 2007 at 01:57 AM.
June 24th, 2007 #13
Here's a rough idea:
Every summer, hundreds of the "Tourist Birds" descend upon small beach towns; germ-filled and disease ridden from their constant travel to the hottest beaches all over the world, they drive townies to madness and death. So much so, in fact, that those living in these towns on a day-to-day basis have started setting up chintzy, tacky false communities a suitable distance from the real dwellings. These fake towns are known as "tourist traps."
There'll be color soon. Maybe tomorrow if nothing comes up.
A VERY rough color version. I need sleep, so no highlights, shadow or contour other than the original pencils.
Last edited by nickzorn; June 27th, 2007 at 02:05 AM.