The Revelation

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: The Revelation

Thanks

The Revelation

I've just finished this one (painted in Photoshop, using my old Aiptek) and I would appreciate some critique especially on their heads and faces.

In another forum, where I posted the WIP, I've been told that the head of the right and bottom center angel look "weird". That doesn't help me very much, though, I'd like to improve things that look weird. Even if it's actually finished already. Yes, I mirror my paintings all the time, but I rarely spot all the weirdness

Here is a close-up:

Thanks for looking and everything constructive
    Kristina

P.S. Redlines and paintovers are fine!

Last edited by Maidith; June 22nd, 2007 at 08:10 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Working on the faces and necks:

I haven't yet any idea about the sitting angel's face/neck; the reference photo I used has been lying to me.

I really would like to make those look as convincing and correct as possible, so critique is greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Thanked 1,628 Times in 662 Posts
    Since its such a big pic, and finished, I'll limit myself to those faces.
    A(right angel):
    You'd expect to see her right nostril. Also, how the jaw connects to her neck, and especially to her ear looks off, or maybe just unfinished. The ear seems to far back, I don't think it should be that far from the eye.
    B(left angel):
    Not quite sure here, maybe the jaw is jutted forward, or her forehead is too small. Either way, it feels like the lower part of her head is too big. Her right eye is blurred, as if you used the smudge tool . I'm not sure about the skin above her left eye aswell. Think this face is a bit light compared to the others.

In general: I think you should check some face reference for the main recesses and such, and add some shadow. I think the angels are all lacking a bit of structure around the neck and shoulders.

I find paintovers with a mouse a pain, so I'm sorry I won't upload one Also, I'm not much of an anatomy expert. Hope this was helpful and not too harsh, remember these are just ideas from an amateur

I love what you've done on this piece, I think it would benefit a great deal from some anatomy corrections Keep it up!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.