rmit/folio help
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: rmit/folio help

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

rmit/folio help

hey all (hope this is the right place for this post). Im currently in this creative media course 2nd year at rmit, but i really want to switch over to b a fine arts. I checked with the art ppl and im going to have to more or less re-enrol (though i'll probably be able to get credit transfer for a subject or two).

Does anyone here know of any open life drawing classes or anything like that around here (melbourne) and also, anyone have any folio advice for getting into the course (general fine arts folio advice would be appreciated)?

Ninja code forbid me to use door

NEW SKETCHBOOK!!!

i can haz folio wip: WEBSITE
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Open life drawing classes shouldn't be THAT difficult to find should they? What about a local arts organization? Or even better yet, ask the folks at the local art supplies stores- they see artists every day and hear of things on the local scene.

As far as the portfolio goes, I would just include as much drawing from life as possible. Including figurative work is also key too (just make sure you include things like the hands, faces and feet!).

Good luck.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ty for the reply dave, can't believe i forgot about checking with art stores, i think i might've actually seen flyers up around at this one place in the city at one point >_<

ty for the folio advice too, i really haven't been focusing on feet and hands that much and i should get alot more work in on faces too.

NEW SKETCHBOOK!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've got one more quick question, do fine arts folio... selectors generally shun work done with just plain pencil (mechanical hb in this case) and tend to opt alot more for the ones done with graphite and charcoal? Im planning to do both of course but i think i can do alot more work with a plain pencil and cross hatching and might get some really good work done like that.

NEW SKETCHBOOK!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey bud i know of a few local life drawing things in Melbourne, send me a pm if ya want

Members who have read this thread: 1