Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.
Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!
Type: Posts; User: RomanRiot; Keyword(s):
Anjyil, thanks for the gestures, I've been enjoying seeing those for the first time in awhile. Also, good descriptions from the movie stills. With kids here all day now that summer is...
Man, we've got some great stills guys, haha!
Armando, loving the "re-imagined scenes", they look great. I'll try to throw a few in here when I can.
1. I choose to emphasize the main character by adding facial details, the rest would stay blurry/undefined. In this scene the main character has just finished telling the Emperor a...
here are the line studies from my own, I hope to get to both of yours when I get some time. I will add details on second post.
Okay, just uploading images now, I'll come back and talk about them tonight.
Nice cootie catcher Anjyil!
Lol, talk about childhood memories.
Frustrating, I posted last night, but to no avail , it would appear. Let's try again. Also, quick question for you guys: have you been auto-logged off on CA.org before?It's happening all the time to...
Armando, there's no way I was actually going to sketch that complex fold, just thought it looked cool, haha!
I'll post the other sketches tomorrow. Cheers.
Sorry Armando, scanner's broken, had to take a pic.
The light wasn't acting like itself today. Usually I'd say it runs between disgustingly cheery and that pale yellow I told my...
Hey guys, thanks for your exceeding patience! Wow, nice ideas for my 12 x 8's, Armando, especially loved the witch doctor interpretation. Took some other pics here and added them to the light...
Sorry, been away for a bit.
Going to just catch up with what I can. Another post/edit tonight.
1. Man with a grotesque marionette, makes it dance. Black or dark bg, light falls on...
1. Close-up of ugly face
2. Guy chases after thief
3. Prisoners of war in chain gang, walking through building, visible through walkway
1. Woman rests...
Lol, anjyil, no worries. Armando, I feel like I'm back in school doing these exercises, but it's nice to stretch some mental muscles I may not have been using.
1. Nuclear silos,...
Missed out on a day as I am in the "Married with children, full-time job" timezone with Mother's Day piggy backing on too...So again, sorry, back on track now.
1. Scene of...
Hey Raptor, pretty nice looking right now. Comp 3, with the white type looks the best from a graphics side. I feel like to put a little more Mucha in it, you will need to find another color to...
1. Old woman sitting on porch, the lights are on in the house, but she is bathed in darkness, except her side, illuminated by the moon
2. African woman, baby tied to back, her eyes look...
As always, love the pen stuff. Especially nice to see such a great variety of line weight and style. Keep going on those illustrations for the chapter book, cool idea!
Nice rendering and overall the eye moves around nice! Couple things I notice though, take it as you will:
The horse doesn't appear to have any "chin" to speak of, like the head...
1. Rapa Nui at night
2. Picketers picketing near picket fence
3. Old fashioned rocket ship about to take off, close up
4. Candle, illuminating far off stairs
5. Rebar of dilapidated...
It's been fun. And to answer your question, it's mainly the former, with a dash of the latter, lol.
1. Dog poo on foot while playing in the grass
2. Dromedary camel, ready for...
UPDATE: My interpretations of Armando's 12 blocks...
1. About to catch a football
2. Two cows, one dead (white space)
3. Giant monster eating ship as it shoots into its mouth
4. Potted flower...
Alright Armando, good start!