Level Up - LevelUp - Stage 2

View testimonialsGet Two Free Art Videos
  • LevelUp - Stage 2 RSS Feed

There is no content in this section

• StartUp! Assignments

Jason Manley

Assignment: Composition 1.1 - "Enter the Masters"

Thread Starter: Jason Manley

START! your journey here. This first presentation covers in depth design theory and root principles of composition. Also included is the first assignment Composition 1.1. <iframe src="//player.vimeo.com/video/85299600" width="1000" height="750" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen...

Last Post By: Black Spot December 14th, 2014 Go to last post
    Demonjack123

Demonjack123 - Composition 1.1

Thread Starter: Demonjack123

This took me maybe a bit more than an hour (maybe close to 2? I kept getting caught up in the details even though we weren't supposed to worry about that) spaced over 3 days (first day cramps, second day pinched nerve in shoulder blade and forced myself through another pinched nerve today to finish...

Last Post By: Demonjack123 3 Days Ago Go to last post
    Drive By Uppercut

Level Up Subscription Issues

Thread Starter: Drive By Uppercut

Please post any issues you may have with the Level Up Subscription. So far they have shown great customer service as well as going above and beyond that. It is without a doubt that this community will continue to thrive for a long time, This thread can be used to post issues regarding the...

Last Post By: Zelldweller 3 Hours Ago Go to last post
    brusebe4st

hanshotfirst - Composition 1.1

Thread Starter: brusebe4st

I selected this piece by Frederick Leighton, because the pose and the silhouette really stood out for me. I had a lot of fun painting this. And just look at how pretty my painting is!

Last Post By: brusebe4st January 13th, 2015 Go to last post
    HaematinonNigro

HaematinonNigro - Composition 1.1

Thread Starter: HaematinonNigro

Study 1 - Portait of Ugolino Martelli by Bronzino Hello everyone! As you may suspect this is my first time here on conceptart-learn, i will try to do absolutely my best for these composition studies. Even if i am not a beginner i've struggled a lot, maybe because of the time (precisely 1...

Last Post By: HaematinonNigro 4 Weeks Ago Go to last post
    ashess

ashess - color & light 1.1

Thread Starter: ashess

I was just gonna start with a few fast thumbs, but got a little stuck on the first. a lot of messing with my cintiq too. screen too bright to work when using just one light, stuff like that. not more then an hour actual drawing. hope to do a few more tries tomorrow.

Last Post By: ashess 3 Days Ago Go to last post
    Graft

Graft- composition 1.1

Thread Starter: Graft

Welcome all forum users! I'm new here on this forum and I decided to improve my skills in art. At the beginning, I would like to apologize for my English(I'm from Poland) ok this are some studies I done already. I spent about an hour on each(Only on the last, about 2,5h) 1. 2.

Last Post By: Graft December 25th, 2014 Go to last post
    arunkumar

portrait study

Thread Starter: arunkumar

Hello everyone! This is my first post in Concept art.org .This is an amazing website . This is a portrait study .I struggled very much to get the likeness . are there any tips to get the likeness and proportions (can i use the grid method)?? i took more than an hour to do this art work . can i take...

Last Post By: arunkumar December 29th, 2014 Go to last post
    Davey Jones

Davey Jones Color and Light 1.1

Thread Starter: Davey Jones

Alrighty, Here's my study. Probably came in around 5 hours. I had some technical difficulties with my blacks/color balance being off. I made this in Grayscale mode, but when PS saves it out to RGB, the blacks got darker than I was seeing when I was painting. Anyhow, Chrome displays it generally...

Last Post By: clarbaden January 20th, 2015 Go to last post
    motato

motato - Composition 1.1

Thread Starter: motato

This master study took more than an hour for I'm a really slow painter. on this painting, Rembrandt uses economy on the background to easily make the focus on the girl, I can observe that the face is were there is a lot of change on values even more than on the clothes.

Last Post By: motato 3 Days Ago Go to last post
    arkhamalien

arkhamalien Composition 1.1

Thread Starter: arkhamalien

This is my first try at the composition assignments. I noticed in this painting, Waterhouse kept the skin tones, the white flowers, and the water much brighter than the rest of the scene. This makes them stand out of course, but also if you blur your eyes or back up a bit, those lighter tones...

Last Post By: Jason Manley December 14th, 2014 Go to last post
    ltr2000

ltr2000-composition 1.1

Thread Starter: ltr2000

Hello, my name is Luis and this is my first composition for the LevelUp! Composition 1.1 I really like the contrast between parts more detailed as rocks and the rest of the image. it has great unity in the shapes and texture repetition. I had seen that is more important to see more the...

Last Post By: ltr2000 December 26th, 2014 Go to last post
    chrsnorbt

chrsnorbt - Composition 1.1

Thread Starter: chrsnorbt

OK, I chose Van Dyck's Study of an Old Man's Head. Completely freehand, and in one hour, all digital, all photoshop, Wacom of course, I have Zbrush and Painter too. Anyways, I followed all the elements of design theory here to pick out my image. Definitely a lot of Rhythm to the strokes in the...

Last Post By: Lenia January 10th, 2015 Go to last post
    Fincks

Fincks - Color & Light 1.1

Thread Starter: Fincks

More difficult than I expected. As usual, some wrong proportions/anatomy. It's actually the second one. The first was really bad. I looked up at other thread, learned some things and tried again. I'll make another one tomorrow, take more time to map out the shapes.

Last Post By: Jimrrorkk December 16th, 2014 Go to last post
    Fesbra

Fesbra's Composition 1.1 Goal

Thread Starter: Fesbra

Below are my studies for this assignment You guys are welcomed to critique me everything you want. Feel free to comment. Mostly I have problems with finding the right silhouettes for proceeding to add the details... like... the position of the head, eyes...hand... got to learn how to grab space...

Last Post By: motato January 5th, 2015 Go to last post
    jayf

jayf - Composition 1.1

Thread Starter: jayf

Man with the golden helmet - by Rembrandt True to it's title. The main focus of this painting is the helmet. Like mentioned in the lesson, the lighting is used to lead the eye of the viewer to the helmet. The feathers on top and the background give it a "frame". The secondary target is the face,...

Last Post By: jayf December 19th, 2014 Go to last post
Register

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook