View Full Version : Team CHOW III: Thundercats HO!
December 9th, 2009, 04:42 PM
About to rock it all over your face!!!
:^^: :^^: :^^:
Sentinel. Mark Tarrisse. Adrian Wilkins. JessiBean.
December 9th, 2009, 04:49 PM
DAAAMMNNNN !! that's gonna be awesomee !!! Cant wait for it !
December 9th, 2009, 05:27 PM
December 10th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Get ready to pwn the competition!
December 21st, 2009, 02:52 PM
Nice, can't wait to see some work. :3
Btw, just wanted to post because my older sister's name is Adrian and our last name is Wilkins. Just had to add. :3
December 26th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Topic is Tarot Cards, and here we go...
1. Your team will choose TWO CARDS per person to illustrate. So, a 2 person team needs 4, a 4 person team 8, etc. This is the minimum requirement, you may choose more.
2. You may only take major arcana for half your cards, please choose Lesser Arcana (The Suits) for at least half. Bonus points for those who do mostly Lesser Arcana!
3. I will allow 4 teams per card. First come, first serve. If we get all the cards covered by at least four teams each, I will then be open to letting you pick cards that are already full. We want to make sure to get a full deck!
4. Please make sure that your files can be sized down to 9 cm by 15.5 cm (or 3.543 x 6.1 inches) at 300 dpi. I'm exploring the option of seeing if we can get it printed, so please make sure your work is print-quality, or please write "OPT OUT OF PRINT" when you submit your work so I know you're not interested in having your cards printed as part of your deck.
5. PLEASE DO NOT START DRAWING UNTIL JANUARY FIRST! Right now is the time to get everyone's cards assigned and start brainstorming, but please don't start drawing as it's unfair for the other teams.
6. That's it, Have Fun!
We've started claiming cards in the Main Thread (here (http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=177363)). So far we have:
2. The Hanged Man
3. The Star
4. Queen of Swords
5. Knight of Wands
Adrian still owes us one minor arcana, and whenever Mark has a chance we will get his choices added, too. One thing Sentinel proposed (and I think is kind of cool) is the idea we had last round to go with a bio-shock-ish/1930s/deco theme for our cards (to make them more cohesive), and I really like the idea of the stylized shapes and adding mechanical elements to more organic things like tarot cards. Other ideas?
MoodBoard from last time:
December 26th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Haha, ready to get going!! You already know how I feel about the theme :3
Here's a board of art deco style posters I put together last time. Sorry if you have to scroll to the side, I didn't think about that when I made it, lol.
December 26th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Can't wait to see what you guys come up with this time :)
December 27th, 2009, 03:14 PM
What up, team?! I sent you all a pm because I can't get online at the moment, but I wanted to post this amazing reference site I found last night!
I got the most awesome "Brazil" type vibe from these photos, and the actual office equipment would make for a lot of cool authentic detail!
I'll try to be on msn later this afternoon :heart:
December 28th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Hello, my lovelies!
BRILLIANT links, Sentinel! Lots of machines and things to gather for inspiration. I'm going to pull together a ton of ref based on our PM and MSN conversations and get that dumped somewhere everyone can see in the next day or so.
I also think I don't want to give away too much of our idea here yet, but I wanted to get our list of cards down, and links to the symbolism so we can start thinking about incorporating that into our cards. What we have:
1. Death - http://www.learntarot.com/maj13.htm, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_%28Tarot_card%29
2. The Hanged Man - http://www.learntarot.com/maj12.htm, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hanged_Man_%28tarot_card%29
3. The Star http://www.learntarot.com/maj17.htm, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Star_%28Tarot_card%29
4. The Wheel of Fortune - http://www.learntarot.com/maj10.htm, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheel_of_Fortune_%28Tarot_card%29
5. The Knight of Wands - http://www.learntarot.com/wkn.htm, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knight_of_Wands
6. The Queen of Swords - http://www.learntarot.com/sqn.htm, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_of_Swords
7. Three of Cups - http://www.learntarot.com/c3.htm, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_of_Cups
8. Ten of Swords - http://www.learntarot.com/s10.htm, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_of_Swords
I know we discussed keeping things really dark, to think about an underground industrial world. And we'd talked about desaturation -- Mark sent me the most awesome links today to Illustrator Dean Cornwell, I thought I'd share them here as a kind of mood/inspiration thing.
So yeah! I'm going to keep gathering ref and inspiration, and if you guys come across anything cool, let me know!
Anything missing or any questions?
:heart: :heart: :heart:
GO, team, GO!!
December 31st, 2009, 09:40 PM
You guys were my favorites last time around. Now, with the knowledge that my feelings will be dashed if you withdraw, you are obliged to finish... ;)
January 3rd, 2010, 09:55 AM
Ohh! The thundercats, pro-team! Im gonna have to bring my A game! XD
Looking forward to see your stuff! Best of luck Cats!
January 3rd, 2010, 07:23 PM
So time to do a little update, I started some sketchs for the ten of swords, sooo here's what I got in hand, I worked a bit more on the last one, while talking with Adrian we taught that instead of swords we could use guns, so here it is :
January 6th, 2010, 07:00 AM
Ok here's a quick composition try :
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.1 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.